Living life my way

Jason's pov

Daniel won his game. Mike was pretty mad that I skipped out so he called me in the studio today. "I told you to reschedule it. I had my son's game to go to." He crosses his arms. "Well, the guys we were supposed to meet with have gone back on the road so you blew your chances to set up a new tour." He grumbles. "I'll set one up later." I mutter. He rolls his eyes. "And how do you suppose you're gonna do that?" "I'll figure it out." I say, walking out. I get out of that mess and get to my truck, calling Miranda. "Hey honey, I'm in town. Should I pick something up for dinner?" "Yeah, sure. What are we doing?" "Tour's off until I meet with a few of the guys, see who's free." "I was talking about dinner but I did need to know that too." "I'll just pick something up from a fast food place or something." I mutter, annoyed and hanging up. She's not even worried that I could've gotten in trouble. I swing by McDonalds and head home. Daniel is in the living room, looking for a movie to put in, making me think of when he was a baby. "Hey Danny. I know you don't remember this but there was one movie you loved as a baby." "What was that?" He asks, turning around. "It's uh, I got rid of it but it was called Frozen and it was the dumbest movie ever." "I wanna watch it." He says. Oh crap! That was so stupid of me! "I hated it. Like I said I got rid of it." He sulks. Ugh. "I'll try to find it at the store." I mutter, covering my eyes. I'm such an idiot. He sits on the couch as Miranda comes downstairs. "What are you boys talking about?" She asks. "Oh just reminiscin' on them good times." I say, jokingly. She laughs and sits beside us.

*later*

I pour a glass of sweet tea while talking on the phone to my mom. "I'm planning on it." "Ok, I'll see you and the kids on Thanksgiving." "Kids? We have one kid." I say, confused. "I know I'm talking about Kasi and Tully and the twins too." She says with a laugh. "Ok, that makes more sense." "Ok, see ya next week."

*one week later*

Danny is asleep in the backseat as we drive to my mom's house in Macon. "It's been a while since I've been back home." I mumble, holding her hand. She looks like she's thinking hard about something. "Baby, what's wrong?" "I just feel bad. You coulda gotten in big trouble with Mike and the tour." She says. So she was worried about that! "I was being selfish. I know you have to sometimes do stuff you don't want to do." "Honey, I know I was supposed to go to that meeting but I'm glad I went to Danny's game. He was so happy that I was there and I was glad to see him play! He's following in his dad's footsteps. Don't beat yourself up." I say, gently. "You sure you're not gonna get in trouble?" "Of course not." I laugh. "If you say so." She says, hugging me.

*several hours later*

I pull up in my mom's driveway while the family is still asleep. "Hey sweety we're here." I say, quietly, tapping her shoulder. She gets Danny while mom greets us. I hug her. "Where Kasi?" "They're a few hours behind us." "Ok well when they get here, we can sit down to a nice family dinner." I smile and nod.

*later*

Miranda's pov

Me and Debbie are drinking coffee and talking while waiting for Kasi and Tully. "So do you plan on having any more kids?" She asks. I get choked up, surprised by the question. "I don't know we haven't discussed it at all." I gape. She shrugs and sips her coffee. I'm a little curious as to what gave her the thought. I glance at the clock. A few minutes later Tully and Kasi arrive with the twins. Jason has Daniel on his shoulders. They were playing around. I walk out, hugging my brother and Kasi. "Hey Jason, can we talk a second?" "Sure honey, what's up?" He asks, setting Danny down. They all go inside and I lean against the truck. "What's wrong?" "Your mom asked if we were having any more kids." I say, getting right to the point. He's definitely caught off guard. "Why would she ask that?" He gapes. "Never mind that!" I mutter, "What really matters is are we? I never thought about it." "I.... Uh..... Why are we discussing this?" He mumbles, surprised. "I don't know. I was just weirded out when your mom asked that and it got me thinking. Let's just forget I said anything." I start to walk back to the house but he grabs my hand. "No, Wait. Let's figure this out." He says, holding my hands. "So do you wanna have more kids?" I ask. "I'd love to." He says, smiling and kissing me. "You're the best." I say, resting my hands around his neck as we kiss. "If we don't get inside, mom'll have our heads." He says. I laugh. "We better get going then." I mumble, as we kiss again. He smiles and holds my hand as we go have thanksgiving dinner with our family