On death row

Miranda's pov

I wake up in a hospital bed, my hands tied down! "What the hell!? What's going on?!" I cry, yanking at the bounds. The door opens and Tully walks in, his eyes red. Oh shit! "Bro, please tell me it was all a dream! Please tell me Jason's okay!" I whimper desperately. He undoes the nylon holding my hands down. "He's not dead but he's not okay." He says, hugging me. He holds my shoulders and looks me in the eyes. "If he doesn't make it, the last thing he saw was the woman he loved." He says, his voice wavering. I clasp my hands together. "He can't die. Tully I can't lose him! I need him!" I whimper, sobbing. He hugs me again. He helps me up and we go to his room. He's got wires and tubes connected to him. He looks dead. I fall back and Tully catches me. I can't find my voice. I stumble over to the bed. "Ja-Jason," I mumble shakily. Nothing. "You're gonna be okay, right? You have to be! You said we'd be okay!" I hold his hand but he doesn't grip back. I hear Danny's voice in the hallway. I turn around. "Don't let him in here." I say. "But-" "I said don't let him in here! Jason wouldn't want him to see him like this!" I shout. He sighs and walks out of the room, closing the door. I turn back to Jason. "Wake up Jay. Can you even hear me? If you love me you'll wake up!" I scream, angry now. "Wake up, dammit!" I punch the wall. "Ow." I squeak. "Now that wasn't smart." At first I thought it was Jason but it wasn't. Dad. Tears instantly spill over. "Daddy!" I whimper. He hugs me and I cry in his arms. "He has to be okay. I can't go on without him!" Dad holds my hands. "Yes you can. What is Danny gonna do if you shut down!? He'd have lost both his parents!" "I-I don't know how to live without Jay." I whimper. "Yes you do. Sweetheart you can't quit if he dies. Daniel is gonna need you." I glance at the bed. I can't. Not without you. My dad leaves and I walk back over to the bed. "You made me who I am today. I won't know what to do without you." I whisper, staring at him fearfully.

*2 weeks later*

"I'm sorry Mrs. Aldean but he probably won't wake up. It's been several weeks with no improvement." I stare at the floor my hands clenched in fists, my tears like ice against my fiery skin. "I'm sorry but he's gone." "He's not gone! He still has a heartbeat! He's still breathing! He's still fighting to survive!" I shout. Tully holds me back. "Think about it. Even if he wakes up, he won't be able to do anything he used to do! He'll barely be able to walk! It's best if he doesn't wake up. He'll be in intense pain!" The doctor cries. "You're a monster!" I cry, running to Jason's room. The tubes and wires are gone. It looks like he's just sleeping. Intense pain. Barely able to move. Does he even want to live? The Jason I know wouldn't be able to tolerate that. I sit beside him in the bed. My chest is tight. I hold his hand. "Jason, if you can hear me, I won't be mad if you let go. I know you're hurting." I whimper, "I promise I'll take care of Danny, he'll know what a wonderful man you are. Nobody will forget the name Jason Aldean." I cry against his chest, hard racking sobs leaving my chest throbbing. "You're right. They won't forget because I'm not going anywhere." His strained voice weak. I shoot up. "Jason!" I gasp. He smiles through the pain. "Hey baby." He says. I hold his hand. "Youlll be okay." I whimper, hugging him. "Yeah of course. I told you we'd be okay. Now who's gut do I have to punch to get a beer around here?" My eyes fill with tears as a laugh escapes my lips. "I'll go get you one." "No, don't leave." He says, quickly, shooting a hand out. He groans in pain. "I won't go anywhere." I say, sitting back down. I text Tully telling him that Jason's awake. Then I lay beside him. "I thought I lost you." "I'm not going anywhere. I won't leave you." He whispers, wrapping an arm around me. "My big bruised cowboy." I say. He chuckles. "How long was I out?" He asks. "About 2 and a half weeks." I mumble shakily. "That's too many nights." He whispers. "I don't know Jay. You're pretty beaten up." "Ain't nothin' this ol cowboy can't handle. Come on guiness girl." "Ok, but only since you're begging." I say with a smile.

*later*

"It's worth being sore later." He mumbles, closing his eyes. I'm glad he can still do that. Tully and the doctor walk in. We're already dressed again. "Wow, you really are awake!" The doctor gapes. "Yeah this cowboy ain't ready to quit." He says, smirking. "On a scale of 1-10, how bad is the pain?"

Jason's pov

My whole body is killing me but I don't want her to worry. "I'm fine doc, when can I go home?" "I guess if you're fine, you can go home now but just take it easy." I smile. "Take it easy. Since when did you see a crazy redneck with a smoking hot wife and young energetic son take it easy?" I mutter jokingly. She hugs me. "Let's go home." I stand up, ignoring the throbbing pain running throughout my body. "Need any help?" Tully asks. I hate the fact that I might need help to walk but my legs aren't very strong right now. I shake my head and sling an arm around Miranda's shoulders. "It's okay Jay you can lean on me." She says. I hate that I have to. "I love ya baby." "Love you too." She kisses my cheek and drives us home.