A dance-off

Jason's pov

Me, Miranda, and Luke go down to a bar to get our minds off everything, a different bar by the way. I'm really worried about her. As I keep an eye on her, it makes me think of back when I first met her. She was all kinds of uptight. Not one of the fun party kids but she started hanging around me and I loosened her up as Tully puts it. She glances around the room, her eyes landing on Luke breakdancing. She breaks into a smile. Finally. The girl I knew. "Ya wanna dance too?" I ask. "Yeah. Let's party like it's 1985." She says, making me laugh. I hold her hand and we go out onto the dance floor. My arms wrapped around her. Her hands on my chest. "I missed doing this." She whispers, laying her head on my chest. "Doing what hun?" "Being happy." She says, kissing me. I'm so glad she's happy again. Either that or maybe the alcohol has gotten to her. Then I hear Tully's voice in my head. If there's anyone that can loosen my sister up, it's you. He was obviously talking about me. We can always try again. Someone taps Luke's shoulder. "Man, you got some sweet dance moves." He says. Luke blushes and I laugh. "It sure comes in handy when I'm onstage." He says, shrugging. "Wanna do a little dance off?" Luke smiles. "Sure can I have a partner?" Oh dang, he's gonna drag me into this. The guy shrugs. "It's cool." He says. He looks over at me like I knew he was. I don't really want to. I'd rather dance with my girl. But he gives me a pleading look. I sigh. "Ya mind hun?" "Yeah sure, I'd like to see your dancing skills." She says, smiling again. I smile and kiss her then hand her my cowboy hat. I swap it for a backwards baseball cap. I'm going to have a lot of fun doing this. I walk over. "You owe me big Luke." I say, pointing at him. He laughs. "Your girl seems happy about it." He says teasingly. I look behind me and she's smiling so that's a plus. Happy again. I smile and wave. "Hit it!" Luke calls, pointing to his band. They play the tune to that's my kinda night. I am so glad to see my girl step up to the mic to sing it. "You ready for this? It's been a while since we did something like this together." I say. He nods. "We got this man." He says. After we do our usual routine from what we do onstage, the other guy steps up with his dance partner. I don't really pay attention. I'm too busy watching my girl sing. My baby's back and I'm so glad. While he's dancing, I walk over to her, standing in front of her as she sings. I pull her offstage and spin her around. She giggles and I kiss her, slipping the mic from her hand. I finish the song for her. "Yeah that's my kinda night!" I throw it over my shoulder, sit on the edge of the stage, and hold her in my lap. "Tonight was fun." She says. "Yeah I had a blast." I reply, kissing her forehead. I'm glad she's back to her fun loving carefree self. We sit on the edge of the stage as the other guy finished. I hug her to my chest. "You know, darlin'. We can always try again." She rests her head against my chest. "I'd certainly like that." She whispers, falling asleep against me. I smile and pick her up, bridal style, her head still against my chest. "Hey Luke, I'm gonna take her home. She's worn herself out." I say, smiling. "Hey Jason, we won!" Luke calls. I roll my eyes and walk over. "You guys are great." The guy says. I nod and we talk for a few seconds then I take her home, resting her on the bed. "I'm glad you're back hun." I say, kissing her forehead.