A big decision

Jason's pov

Mike sets up the new tour. I get everything packed up and my mom is gonna babysit Danny for us. Miranda kisses Danny's head and we get on my bus. On the way out of town, I swing by the bar and get my extra guitar that I leave there for shows. "Have fun." Tony, the bartender says, waving. I nod and turn around, running into a teenager. "I know you." He says. "I don't really have time. Meet me here after the tour and I'll do a meet and greet then." "No wait. Not from that." He says, staring at me. "Not from music?" I ask. "No! You're the guy who saved that girl all those years ago!" He gasps, pointing. Wait, is he talking about Miranda? "Uh yeah that was me." "I knew it." Now I remember! The kid that snuck in that day. "Yeah that girl I saved that day is now my wife." "Wow. You're good." He gasps. I laugh. I'm really running late though so I wave and leave. I get back on the bus and we head out. I remember the first time we met he said he didn't have parents. I shoot a look at Miranda who's asleep on the couch. Hm. Maybe we could adopt that kid. I sit down after putting my guitar up. She wakes up as soon as I sit down. "Hey hun. I had an interesting experience in the bar." "What do you mean?" I hold her hand. "Well you remember the day we met?" "Of course. How could I forget?" I smile. "Well that same day I met a kid there and I just ran into him again today." "What kid?" "Well you were still unconscious when I met him."

*later*

We get to the amphitheater I'm playing at. I'm still ticked off at Kurt so I keep my distance. It reminds me of the day me and Miranda started going out. Tully was not happy. I smile at the very fond memory.

~flashback~

Tully shoots me glares because he found out I was dating his sister. He tries to trip me so I stay far away from him the rest of the show. After the show, I gladly walk back to my girl and feel his eyes on me the whole time.

~flashback over~

I was so distracted thinking about that night that I trip over the mic stand and having been drinking sure didn't help matters. Tully catches me before I fall off the stage. He pulls me back up.

*after the show*

I walk backstage, seeing my girl. I smile at the guiness in her hand. She waves me over and I realize she's just as drunk as I am. I don't think I've ever seen her so drunk. "I've got a secret for you." She whispers, surprising me. "Really what's that?" She smiles. "I'm not wearing any underwear." She whispers in my ear. My eyes go wide. Ok she's way drunker than I am! "Holy cow darlin', how much guiness did ya drink?" I ask, taking it from her hand. "I didn't just have guiness tonight." She says, her arms around my neck, mine around her waist.

Tully's pov

Jason looks really nervous. And my sister is completely drunk. I try not to laugh. He looks over annoyed. "I'm uh gonna take her back to the hotel. She's a little drunk." He says. "A little?" I gasp, laughing. He blushes and smiles. "Okay a lot." He says. We both laugh about it.

*later*

Jason's pov

I hope she was kidding about drinking more than just guiness. Why'd she drink so much? She's asleep against my chest while I ponder over it all. I'm trying to figure out a way to ask her about the kid and adopting him. I don't know how to put it into words though. I hear a knock at the door. I get up, being careful not to wake her and I put my shirt back on before answering the door. I open the door and am shocked to see no one is there and the scene in front of me is my house back home! What's going on? I must be dreaming! I walk into my living room onto Danny's third Christmas. I smile remembering it. We got him a baseball and it started his love affair for baseball. Remembering a time like that when we were so happy gives me the confidence to ask her about the adoption.

*he wakes up*

I knew it was a dream. Whatever. I just need to tell her.

*the next day*

Miranda's pov

I get out of the shower and Jason pours a cup of coffee. "I've been thinking about something hun." "What's that?" I ask. "That kid I was telling you about the other day, he told me the day we first met that he didn't have parents. I was thinking we could adopt him." I'm totally surprised. Wow! I never even thought about adoption. I'm speechless. "I think it's a great idea but how do we find him?" He smiles. "I told him to meet me at the bar after the tour." "This is going to be cool." He sets his coffee down and hugs me tight. "I love you sweetheart." He says. "I love you too." I say, kissing him. "Oh and Jason, you can call me baby again." He smiles. "I'm glad, baby." He says.