Birthday girl

Miranda's pov

I was rocking Cassie and singing a song to her to hopefully get her to go back to sleep. It's 2 in the morning and I'm exhausted. Jason walks into the room looking tired too, what with the show he went to the other day. "Hey baby, I'll take her, you're exhausted." He says, walking over. I shake my head. "You just got back from that show. You're way more tired than I am." I mumble. He smiles and takes Cassie from me. "I won't take no for an answer sweetheart go lay down." He says. I am exhausted. "Ok but wake me up if you need me to take over." He just keeps on smiling. "You promise?" He laughs. "I promise. Now go get some rest." He says, waving me away."

Jason's pov

I sit in the rocking chair, rocking Cassie and singing laughed until we cried. But I'm only mumbling because I'm drifting off myself. The bottle falls from my hand and I fall asleep.

Miranda's pov

I smile and walk in, putting Cassie in her crib. He looks so adorable. I kiss his head and head to bed. A few minutes later, he walks in, rubbing his eyes. "That show really wore me out." He mumbles, yawning. He lays down beside me, too tired to even pull the blanket over himself. I sit up and he's already asleep so I cover him with the blanket and lay beside him. He wraps an arm around me. "Goodnight baby, love you." He says. "Love you too cowboy."

*the next day*

Jason's hands slip around my waist while I make waffles. "Happy birthday baby." He says, kissing my neck. I smile and set down the pan I was making French toast in. "I'll make breakfast hun and bring it up to you breakfast in bed." "Oh Jay you're too good to me." I say, kissing him. I go back up to bed, scrolling through social media. All the happy birthday wishes brings tears to my eyes. Five minutes later, Jason comes in our room, carrying a tray of French toast, eggs, bacon, and grits. "Today is all about you. What do you wanna do?" He asks. "Me? Hm, I don't have any idea." I mumble thinking. I finished eating and go get a shower, thinking about what to do. "Hey Jay, let's go fishing. I haven't been in forever." I say, getting out. He smiles. "Can't wait baby." He says, standing up from his spot on the arm of the chair. I hug him and get dressed.

*later*

"Thanks Luke." He says, waving. We go to the fishing hole. We don't do much fishing. "Let's go swimming." I whisper. "But we didn't bring suits." He says, confused. I smile. His eyes go wide. "Oh.... I see where this is going." He says, smiling. We go skinny dipping in that pond.

*later*

Jason's pov

"Yeah bring the kids up. Thanks for watchin' 'em all day." "No problem man." We were gonna eat dinner at Cracker barrel. Tully walks in with the twins and Luke walks in with our three kids. Cassie reaches for Miranda so she takes her. "Happy birfday." She says. I smile and hug them. "I love my girls." I say. "And my boys." I hug Danny and Henry. "Aww dad we're in public." Henry mutters embarrassed. I laugh and pull the chair out for my beautiful birthday girl. The waitress brings a booster seat for Cassie. "Happy birthday sis." Tully says, hugging her. The waitress takes our orders and I whisper to her about it being her birthday. She smiles and nods. "What'd you say to her?" Miranda asks. "Oh nothing." "Lemme guess all the stupid waiters and waitresses are gonna come out singing happy birthday!" She grumbles, glaring at me. I laugh and nod. Just then they come out to sing happy birthday to her. She looks annoyed. I laugh again and so does Tully and Luke. As we're walking back to my truck, the rest of the group is walking ahead. "That was fun." I say. She glares at me, jokingly. I grab her hand, stopping her from walking.

Miranda's pov

"Baby girl, I've had so many wonderful years with you. I'm so happy when I with you." He says, hugging me. My head resting on his shoulder. "Jason, I love you so much." "Hey you guys coming?" Tully calls. I smile and hold Jason's hand. We get back to my house.

Jason's pov

Me and Tully were drinking beer in the kitchen. "Ya know, I remember a time back when we were dating and you hated the fact that I was with her." I say, pointing at him. "Yeah I don't know what I was thinking. You two were made for each other." He says. Just then she comes in the kitchen and grabs a guiness. I grab her around the waist when she walks by my chair. She shoots me a flirty smile. I know what that means. I give Tully a wink then stand up and kiss her hard, pulling her to my chest.

*later*

My hands wrapped around her waist, her hands against my chest as we kiss. "I love you little girl." "I love you cowboy." Someone knocks on the door, making me jump. "Who is it?" I call annoyed. "I'm headin' home man." Tully says. "Ok, see ya." I say. "Interruptions." She grumbles, glaring at the door. I grip her chin, pulling her back to me and kissing her again.