Another day

Jason's pov

"I'm going to the studio. See ya soon." I say, kissing her forehead. "Love you." "Love you too." I get in my truck but I'm not going to the studio. Today's Kasi's birthday. I drive to the cemetery and just as expected Tully beat me here. "Hey man, figured I'd find ya here." I say, putting a hand on his shoulder. "It's been a year but it feels like I just saw her yesterday." He whispers, on his knees. I sigh and kneel down beside him. "I wish I could make this easier for ya man." He's crying. "Jay, how are you able to tolerate this? I mean she was your sister. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to Mir-" "Don't say it." I interrupt him. He stares back at the grave. "I miss her so much man." I do too and I seriously don't know how I live daily life without having my little sister to call and talk to whenever I want to like I used to. "How are the boys doing?" I ask, instead. He just shakes his head. "Come on, I'll take ya home." I grab his arm and help him to my car. I turn back around staring at her grave. "Fly high sis." I whisper, getting in. I drive him home where my mom was babysitting the twins. I miss Kasi so much. I fight back the tears and remember one thanksgiving at their house.

~flashback~

"A foot race come on guys!" Tully grumbles as Kasi ties the rope around their ankles. I laugh as Miranda ties ours. "We're gonna kick y'alls butts." I taunt, competitively. Tully locks eyes with me as Miranda locks arms with me. "You're on cowboy. Your brother is going down honey." He says. I laugh. "We'll see about that. Darlin' you ever seen a grown man cry?" I ask, smirking down at her. "Hey Tully you hungry man?" I ask. "Hungry?" He mumbles confused. "Yeah, cause you're about to eat my dust!" I exclaim as they fire the starting gun and we get running, beating them by a mile. "That's my competitive husband." My baby says. I laugh watching Tully and Kasi collapse in a heap and start making out. "Hey they have the right idea." She says untying the rope. I wasn't paying much attention until her hand was on my neck and her lips against mine.

~flashback over~

I smile at the memory and Tully gets out. "Thanks man." He says. "Anytime. I'm just a phone call away." I reply, waving and driving home.

Miranda's pov

He walks in looking troubled. "How was the studio?" I ask. He sighs and shakes his head. He goes into the kitchen, grabbing a beer. "What's wrong?" I ask, confused. "Never made it." He mumbles, "Stopped at the cemetery... And.... I just never made it." He sits down at the table. I hug him. "The thing that freaks me out. It coulda been you. I don't know what I'd do if somethin' happened to you." "Jay, nothin's gonna happen to me." "We thought nothin' would happen to Kasi and now she's dead." "I'm fine, Jason. I promise." "I know. I'm sorry hun, I'm just being paranoid.... After what Tully said." He mumbles. "Wait, what did Tully say?" I ask. He looks up from his hands. "Oh he asked me how I was doing since she was my sister then he said he doesn't know what he'd do if somethin' happened to you and it just worried me." I'm about to reply when my phone rings. It's Rachel. "Hey Rach what's up?" I ask, standing back up, my hand still on Jason's shoulder. "Kurt proposed to me!!" She cries excited! Oh wow! "Congrats girl, I'll tell Jay." "Tell me what?" I hang up and turn around. "Kurt and Rachel are getting married." His eyes get wide. "Wow, what a lucky dude." He says, smiling. He stands up and hugs me. "Proud of him. Let's go get some sleep before the baby wakes up." He says. I smile and nod. "You better?" I ask. He smiles and nods. We go lay down hopefully for 8 hours of sleep.