Chasing Dreams

Jason's pov

She carries Daniel into the studio. "Can you run to the store? We need diapers." She asks. "Well, you can run." I hint. "Please stop trying to convince me." She says with a sigh. "Baby, ya know I don't give up." I reply, kissing her. "Let it go." She says. "Oh no, don't quote that movie. I hate that movie. If I have to hear it one more time-" she stops my mini rant with a kiss. She smiles. "Go get 'em or I'll sing it." She threatens. My eyes go wide and I grab my hat and keys as fast as I can. "I'm gone." I say, kissing her cheek. I smile and stare at my best friend's sister who has now become my best friend with our sweet baby boy. "Hello? Diapers?" She says, snapping her fingers in front of my face. "Oh yeah sorry. Got lost in your eyes again. Stop trancin' me hot stuff." I flirt, kissing her again. I go grab diapers and when I get home, the movie I hate but Daniel loves is on. He's asleep on the couch so I lay him in the crib and turn it off. "Honey, I'm home. Where are you?" I call. I walk into the kitchen and she's fast asleep leaning against the wall, standing up. I wake her. "Hey baby, how was the store?" She asks. "It's a store." I mumble, scratching my head. She laughs quietly and falls asleep in my arms. I carry her to our bedroom and kiss her goodnight. Her eyes flutter closed.

*the next day*

"Dinner at Tully's?" She asks, stealing my hat as I sit on the couch. I glare jokingly at her back and grab her ass as she walks away. She turns around with a flirty smile. "Race ya to the car?" I ask. She rolls her eyes. "Stop with the racing junk." She says, sitting on my lap and kissing me. She wears my hat. "That looks really sexy." I whisper. "Maybe I should wear this from now on." She says, tilting it slightly and kissing me again. "Oh baby, you don't need a hat to look sexy." I say. She puts it back on my head. "We're gonna be late." She says. "I'm always fashionably late anyway." I say, pushing her back.

*later*

We arrive at Tully's and Kasi's house. Jason carries Daniel in one hand and holds my hand in the other. We hang out in the living room while Daniel is being gushed over.

Tully's pov

Kasi is playing with Daniel and I'm standing in the doorway watching them. I glance back at Jason and my sister. "I love lovin' you." He says. She giggles and they kiss. She's so happy. "Lovin' you is fun." She says. I smile. "You did it girl, and I'm glad it was my best friend." I say under my breath. They kiss again and I go back to the stove to work on dinner.

Miranda's pov

I sigh in contentment. "Do you know where I can get a bud light?" I ask, closing my eyes. "You've never drank anything but guiness. Why the sudden change?" He asks, surprised. "Who knows. I feel like being wild." I say. He smiles and kisses me. "Dinner!" Tully calls. We eat dinner and get him to babysit for us. He takes me to the bar. "I wanna see this." He says, pulling out his phone to record me. I swat his arm. He laughs and puts it up then kisses me, his hand resting on my knee. The bartender brings over a bud light.

Jason's pov

She reaches for it but I stop her. "What?" She asks. "Honey, this'll mess you up. You're so used to drinking guiness, it'll be too big a change." I say. I just don't want to see her throw her chances of going to the Olympics and drinking bud light will do that. I hold her hands. "I know you're probably getting tired of me saying this but I won't let you give up your dream. I know you still want to go to the Olympics. You still want that gold medal around your neck." She shakes her head. "No baby, you and Daniel are all I care about. I mean it." She says. "I know my wife and I know I don't believe a word you're tellin' me baby." I say with a smile. "Well, I guess I'd still want to stand on that platform." She says, looking at the floor. "I knew it." I say. "Let's get to training."

Sorry for the time skip
3 years later

She waits at the entrance. "I'm scared." She whimpers. I hear the cheers of the fans. It makes me think of going onstage. "Baby, you can do this. You'll win for sure." I say, brushing her hair behind her ear. Her hands are shaking. "Go for the gold." I whisper, kissing her. Tully walks over holding Danny's hand. He runs to her. "Mommy, run run as fast as you can. They can't catch you, I'm your biggest fan!" He cheers, hugging her. "He came up with it himself." Tully says, smiling. "Oh Danny. I'm you're biggest fan too." She says, picking him up. "Ok, hun. You gotta get out there." I tell her. "I don't know if I can." She says. "I do. I'll watch you leave 'em all in the dust, cause I believe in you. And I wanna see your dreams come true." I tell her. Danny hugs her neck. I take him. "You'll win." Tully says. She smiles and walks out onto the field. We find our seats. "Thanks." Tully says, confusing me. "For what?" I ask. "Pushing her to not give up on her dream." He says, a hand on my shoulder. "She wouldn't have let me quit so I won't let her." I respond, smiling at my wonderful woman. She takes her place and gets in position. The starting gun goes off and she's instantly in the lead. "Go Miranda Go!!" I cheer, pumping a fist in the air. She runs around the whole track without anyone catching up to her. She crosses the finish line, first place. "Miranda Aldean USA first place at the 2015 Olympics!" The announcer shouts. I jump over the edge of the stands and onto the field. "Jason! What are you-" she cries as I kiss her and hug her tight. Her hands resting on my shoulders. "I knew you could do it babe." I say, touching our foreheads together. She's soaked to the bone in sweat. "Thanks to you." She whispers. We kiss again. The guy who gives out awards walks over. She has to go with him to get her gold medal. "You have to go back to your seat." He says, making me blush. I smile and wave then go back to my seat. "That was hilarious." Tully says, making me blush even more. I watch the gold medal get lowered around her neck. The guy gives her a mic. She wipes the tears. "There's only three people I want to thank. Tully my supportive big brother who always cheered me on. Those 10 years went by faster than I thought. My sweet baby boy Danny, he's my inspiration that I strive to get better for. And last but not least the man I would kill for, die for, and all of the above, my wonderful, talented, perfect husband Jason, he's the reason I am here right now. The one and only reason. He wouldn't let me give up. He's a stubborn man but he's my stubborn man and I love him to death. My dream is not a dream anymore, it's a reality. Thank you and God Bless." She sets the mic down and runs to the stands. I jump down again. "You're the best thing to ever walk into a bar." I whisper, holding her tight. She rests her head on my shoulder. "I love you unconditionally and unstopping." She whispers. The screams of the fans get kinda loud so I take her back. "I knew you could do it." I say, my hand on her neck and looking in her eyes. I press my lips to hers in the most amazing and long kiss ever. I pull her leg up and around me as we kiss. Nothing could make this day better.