it's time

Several months later. Almost time for the baby.

Miranda's pov

He has to go back on tour but he doesn't want to because of me being so close to giving birth. I wish he wasn't so worried. I hold his hand. He helps get my fat ass up. I've been having trouble getting around. "I'm coming with you. It'll be okay." I assure him. "But what if I'm onstage when ya go into labor?" He asks, concerned. "You will not miss the birth of this baby." I say, sternly. He forces a smile, looking exhausted. "Get some rest. You are exhausted and don't argue with me." I say, wiggling a finger. He laughs slightly. "Yeah you're always right dear, I'm beat." He says, yawning proving my point and making me laugh. He kisses me then sits on the couch to nap. I sit beside him, watching him sleep. A calm smile on his face. "My baby's so adorable." I whisper, touching his arm. "Now which baby are we talkin' about here?" He asks. I swat his arm and he laughs. "You're supposed to be asleep." I say. He just continues to smile with his eyes closed. "You're not asleep." I say. He doesn't reply. "Jason." I say. He still doesn't respond. I smirk and pretend to cry out in pain. "Jason! I think it's time!" I gasp. He instantly jumps up. "Oh man!" He gasps. I just laugh. He glares at me. "Not funny." He says, realizing. "Couldn't resist." I say, shrugging. He sits back down. "Seriously though, don't do that." He says, firmly. "Okay, calm down, cowboy." I say, laughing. He stares at his hands. "Are you scared at all?" He asks. "Are you?" I counter. He smiles. "I asked you first." He says, pointing at me. "I guess I'm a little scared but not a ton." I answer. "Me too." He says.

*2 weeks later*

Jason kisses my cheek and grabs his guitar. "See ya after the show." He says. I nod and stay on the couch backstage. He stands by the stairs right before ya go onstage, staring at me. "Go on. I'm fine." I say. He smiles but I can sense his worry. He goes onstage. I fall asleep to the beat of his song water tower from his night train album.

*20 minutes later*

A sharp pain makes me cry out. A stage hand runs over. I grab his arm desperately, the pain unbearable. "Get Jason!" I choke out.

Jason's pov

I finish singing two night town when I hear someone call my name. I glance side stage confused. "Jason, hurry it's time." He says. "Crap, okay, I'm comin'. Guys, you've been a great crowd but I gotta go, my wife's gonna have a baby!" The fans go crazy as I run back stage to her. She grabs my arm. "Help me!" She whimpers. "I've got ya, don't worry." I gasp, my hands shaking. Tully's by my side in seconds. I get her in my truck. Tully gets in the back. I hold her hand as I drive to the hospital. She squeezes it unbearably tight but I don't dare to complain. "Jason, you ready to be a dad?" Tully asks. I look back at him through the rearview mirror. "No, man, I'm terrified. This is gonna hurt her a lot." I say. "Ahh, hurry up!" She screams. He looks at her worriedly.

*several excruciating and terrifying pain filled hours later*

I hear the first screams of my newborn son. The doctor hands him to me, my hands shaking. "Baby, ya wanna see him?" I ask, my voice wavering. She sits up as best she can as I hand him to her. "He reminds me of his daddy." She whispers, making me smile. "You did great." I say, kissing her. "You did too, ya only fainted once." She says. "Ha ha." I mutter. Tully opens the door. I smile. "Hey, look it's your uncle Tully." I say, holding him again. He smiles and walks over. "Can I?" He asks. "Of course." I say, handing him over. "Do we have a name?" She asks. "I don't think so." I say, thinking. "I do." Tully says. "It better not be something stupid like Jason JR." I tell him. He laughs. "No, I know you don't like those names. I thought of the name when I was in the waiting room." He says, staring at our baby. "What about the name Daniel?" He asks. I glance back at her. "Ya like that babe?" I ask. She nods with her eyes closed. "Daniel it is." I say, sitting down, exhausted from worry. He gives me the baby back and leaves and all three Aldeans are asleep in a matter of minutes.