A family reunion

Jason's pov

She's riding shotgun with her hair undone. I'm driving us to my latest gig. "Baby, let's run wild!" She yells, sticking her head out the window. "Woo hoo!" Man she's wild. I pull her back in. "You're wild darlin'." I say. "Oh honey, that's nothin' you should see me after a few drinks." She says. We both laugh. "I can arrange that." I say, reaching under my seat. I pull out a bud light and toss it to her. "You know that's not what I drink." She scoffs, tossing it back. "I don't have any guiness in my truck, darlin'." I say laughing. She leans back in her seat. That smile never leaving her pretty face. "We should get some." She says. "They'll have some at the gig." I say, pulling up and parking. She grabs my guitar and jumps out. That little sneak. What's she planning? She walks to the stage and I just watch her curious. What's she doing? I can't help but laugh as she's about to go onstage. I grab her hand. "You can't go up there, sweetheart." I whisper in her ear. "Oh really, who says?" She asks. We walk backstage and I get my guitar back. I'm waiting for the band. She hasn't met them yet. "Don't you have training tomorrow?" I ask. She nods. "Well go for the gold." "I'll give it my best shot." She says, finally finding a guiness in the cooler. "What is with you and guiness? That's all ya ever drink!" She smirks over her shoulder at me. "That's a story for another time, honey." She says, joining me on the couch. We're taking it really slow. Noone's made the first move. We haven't even kissed yet. As she looks toward the stage, I look at her wanting to kiss her so bad. I put an arm around her shoulders and she scoots in close. Her back is against my side, her ice cold beer resting against my leg. "What's the rest of tonight lookin' like?" I ask. She smiles. "I don't know. My wild side's just gettin' started." She says, holding my hand. We're looking right at each other now. Come on, just kiss her! What are ya waiting for?! She looks away and I kiss her. She drops her so sought after guiness. Her hands intertwining in my hair, my hat falling off. I hold her up with one arm, the other holds me up. I don't think I've ever had a more passionate kiss in my life. When we finally break the kiss, she's breathless. "That was my first kiss." She whispers. Figures. With the never having a boyfriend thing. "Did ya like it?" I ask. "More than anything." She says. "More than this?" I ask, kissing her again. She's completely caught off guard. I can tell. That only makes me laugh thus breaking the kiss. Just then the band arrives. "Oh, hey boys." I say, standing up and walking over to them. "New girl?" Rich asks. Tully is busy fixing something on his guitar. He hasn't even looked up yet. "She's training to be an Olympic runner." I whisper to them. "Damn!" Rich gasps. "Lucky!" Kurt says. I laugh. "I know. It don't get no better than this." I say, walking back over to her. "Darlin' these are the boys in the band. Rich, my drummer. Kurt, my electric guitarist. And Tully, my bassist. Guys this is Miranda. I met her at the bar in town." I say, resting my hands on her shoulders. "Hey." Tully says, waving. He looks nervous for some reason. My buddy and opener Tyler shows up and I go over to talk to him.

Miranda's pov

"What are you doing here?!" Tully cries, grabbing my arm. How could I have known my idiot brother was bassist for Jason. He never tells us anything. He never calls or writes so I had no idea what he was doing. "I came to pursue my dreams just like you. If you woulda told me what you've been doing with your life for the last 10 years maybe then I wouldn't have been so surprised." I snap, pulling my arm free. "I can't believe you never told me or mom that you were bassist for him! You know how much mom listens to him!" Oh wait he hasn't been home in 10 years so he wouldn't know. He's been rocking with the legend I'm dating. He doesn't reply. He scratches his head. "How's mom doing?" He asks. "Fine, thanks for asking. Oh and for calling and writing. We love hearing about Tully the bassist for Jason Aldean!" I gripe sarcastically. "I'm sorry I haven't called. I've been busy." He mutters. "Whatever, now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna hang out with my boyfriend." I say. I walk back over to Jason just as they call him to stage. Ugh! He kisses my cheek as he and the band go onstage. I just get another guiness and wait. I should've known. I wish I did. My brother has been completely cut away from us like he wanted to get away from us. He keeps looking back at me from onstage.

Jason's pov

What's Tully doing? Is he checking my girlfriend out? He better not have a thing for her cause she's mine. I cover the mic with my hand. "Stop checkin' my girlfriend out!" I hiss. His hands fall to his sides in shock. His eyes wide. "Trust me man, I am not checking her out." He says, looking like he's going to throw up. What's with that look?! Does he think she's ugly or something?! Its pissing me off. "I'll explain after the show!" He grumbles, covering his eyes with his hand. Explain? Explain what? He better not have done anything.

*after the show*

"What was with you looking at her almost the whole time? It was really annoying!" I shout at him. "Jason, cool it. I don't have a crush on her or nothin'." He says. "Then what is it?" I ask. "She's my sister!"