Home Alone

Jason's pov

I guess giving birth makes ya really tired cause she's been asleep off and on for several days. I'm hoping she's okay. Daniel's in the nursery and they're doing all the stuff they have to do. Tully comes by to visit. "She still out cold?" He asks. I nod and he laughs. "What's so funny?" I ask irritated. "You're freaking out over nothing. She's fine. That's what happens." He says. I'm not super convinced.

*a couple days later*

She's finally well enough to go home. She grabs a soda and sits on the couch. "When's the next time you're going training?" I ask. "I'm not. I'm not gonna do that anymore." She says. "What?! Why are you giving up?" I gasp, surprised. "I just don't feel like it anymore. That was once my dream but now I just wanna stay home with my husband and son. The Olympics was a crazy impossible dream anyway." She says. "No, darlin' nothin's impossible. Nobody thought I'd make it in this town. They all said I should leave my truck packed and turn right back around. But I didn't listen to them. I didn't give up on my dream and neither should you!" I speech to her after setting Daniel in his crib. She smiles. "I'm not gonna change my mind. It's over. It's a distant memory now." She says. I can't believe it. She gave up on her dream because of me and Daniel. What should I tell her? "They said I didn't have what it takes but look at me now!" I say. "Jason, I know you mean well but it's not gonna work, just drop it." She says, now getting mad. I decide to drop it so I don't piss her off. I don't want her mad at me. Daniel cries out. I'm about to stand up when she does. "Hey can we call him Danny?" She asks. "Whatever you want, honey." I say, looking at her. She's still good enough to make it to the Olympics. I don't want her to give up her dream. "It's not my dream anymore. You and this baby are. I don't care about running anymore." I don't know how but she's always reading my mind. "How'd you know that's what I was thinkin'?" I ask. She giggles. "It's written all over your face." I stand up as she sets Danny back down. I put my hands around her waist. "You're still beautiful." I say. "I never said I wasn't." She replies. "It's written all over your face." I say, in a mocky tone. "Points for originality but no dice. You aren't gonna change my mind." She says with a smile. I roll my eyes. "I'm not givin' up." I whisper in her ear, kissing her neck. She laces her fingers with mine which are still resting on her stomach. I'm not gonna bother her more about the Olympics tonight. She turns around. "He's gonna be asleep for a little while." She says. "You think so." I say, flirtatiously. She nods, kissing me. I switch on the baby monitor and take her hand. 5 minutes later, I hear the baby crying. "Asleep for a while huh?" I mutter. "Welcome to parenthood." She says. I drag my tired butt downstairs to the little baby. Maybe we'll get Tully to babysit. As I'm rocking him, I call Tully. The tour has been laid off for six months so he shouldn't be too busy. We have a conversation and he says he'll be over in 10. In the mean time, I pack a bag of essentials.

Miranda's pov

He comes back without Danny, confusing me. "Where's Daniel?" I ask. "Tully's gonna babysit for us." He says. I don't really want someone else having our baby but I am exhausted. "I don't like that." I mutter. "Why not?" He asks, confused. "He just came home. He should be here with us." I say. "Oh no mother bird instinct!" He jokes sarcastically, pretending to be scared. "Ha ha very funny, don't make fun of me right now. I've still got angry hormones running through me." I warn him. His eyes go wide. "Now that is something to be afraid of." He says, seriously. I smile and lay down. "We better get some shut eye before they bring him back." I mumble, closing my eyes. He rubs my back. I grab his hand and pulling him down beside me. His hand wrapping around my waist.

*later*

I wake up and he's no longer beside me. Hm, I wonder where he went. "Baby, where'd you go?" I call. "In the kitchen." He says. I walk down there and he's drinking my guiness. "Hello? What's going on here?!" I ask, half jokingly. He smiles and tosses me one. "Oh how I missed this!" I say, exaggeratedly. He chuckles. "Oh don't even get me started, you got to drink those 9 months." I say with a serious face and failing miserably. He busts out laughing. "Honey, you crack me up." He says, wiping a tear away. I laugh. "We laughed until we cried " I say. He laughs harder. I get light headed from laughing too hard. He catches me but not before I drop my drink. "Oh damn, that was the last one too." I mutter. "It's OK, you can share mine." He says, smiling and kissing me. He tilts the bottle to my lips then helps me up. He hands it to me and grabs a bud light. He keeps staring at me. "Are you checkin' me out?" I ask, smiling. His eyes trail all over me. "Well hotness factor is through the roof as always." He says. "Oh stop." I say giggling. "That's impossible." He whispers, closing the distance and kissing me.