You got more than a friend in me

Jason's pov

I'm working on a broken string that's on my guitar when Miranda walks in. "What's up?" "It's one of my friend's birthdays and I wanted to go back home and hang out with her. If you don't need me here that is?" "Yeah sure, I'm stayin' here though cause of Kurt and all." I say, setting my guitar down, frustrated with it. "Are you sure you don't need me?" "Nah, hun go hang out with your friends." She smiles. "Ok, Jay, see ya in a couple days." She kisses my cheek and goes to pack a suitcase. It's gonna be weird not having her in the house but oh well. I can keep myself busy.

Miranda's pov

I'm about to head out. I hug Jason and the boys. "Now y'all behave, no wild house parties." I say, teasingly. Jason smiles and ruffles Danny's hair. "We'll be good baby. Have fun." He says. I make the long drive back home and I'm happy to see my friends Rachel and Sierra which of whom I haven't seen in a long time. "Hey girls, happy birthday Rachel!" I gasp, gladly hugging my high school friends. "How's it going for you Mrs. Superstar's wife?" Sierra teases. "It's great. I love Jason and my boys." "Boys? I thought you only had one son?" Rachel asks, confused. I nod. "We adopted another boy so now we have two." I say, holding up two fingers.

*2 days later*

Sierra goes back to her house and Rachel is coming back to Nashville with me. I want her to meet Jason and the boys. She is one of my closest friends after all. Sierra would come too but she has to go back to work.

Jason's pov

She pulls up in our drive. I'm waiting outside, shooting bee bees at old beer cans. Yeah I got bored so I started shooting stuff. I already bagged a squirrel. I'm probably the weirdest redneck anyone would ever meet. I put the bee bee gun down and walked off the porch. "Hey Jason, I missed you." I hug her. "Missed you too baby." Then another girl gets out. "One of your friends, I guess?" "Yeah this is Rachel one of my closest friends." "Hey big fan." I nod and wave. "We're gonna do a little party at Tully's and try to cheer Kurt up. Maybe your friend would like to come." "Totally."

*the next day*

Kurt's pov

Tully and Jason show up. "What's up?" I mumble. "Hey man, Tully's throwing a party. We'd love it if you could come." "I don't know guys, I'm not really in the mood." I say, grabbing a beer. Tully takes it. "You need to get back out there." He says. I glare at the floor. "I'll go but I won't like it." I grumble, crossing my arms.

*at the party*

I step into Tully's backyard and see a girl. One I haven't seen before. Long beautiful dark brown hair. She pushes it back with her hand.

*daydream*

I hold the new girl in my arms, hers around my neck. I brush her hair back. Such beautiful hair. I kiss her, softly. I think I'm in love.

Jason's pov

Kurt's staring wide eyed. "Hey Kurt? What the heck is going on?" I ask, waving a hand in front of his face. "Kurt hello? Dude come in Kurt!" I'm a little worried now. "What?" He mumbles blinking. "You were just staring. What the heck man?" "I-I think I'm in love." He says. I look behind me where he's still looking. "Who is she?" "Oh uh a friend of Miranda's. Rachel I think. Are you sure you're okay?" He walks right by me over to her.

Rachel's pov

I put my hair in a ponytail when Kurt walks over. I wave. "Hey Kurt." I say. "H-Hi Rachel. Did it uh hurt?" He asks, confusing me. "Hurt? Did what hurt?" "When you fell from heaven you beautiful angel." He gapes. My eyes go wide. Jason stands behind him his jaw dropped. Tully slaps the back of his head. "Come on man, shut your mouth." He glares at him, rubbing his head. "Wow, thanks Kurt." I say, turning my attention to the young southern boy with blonde hair. Just then Brantley sings the chorus of one of his songs. "Well if ya want a bad boy, baby you got it, got a bad toy sittin' in the parkin' lot. Take you to the wrong side of the tracks. Baby you ain't gonna wanna come back." Kurt smiles. "Care to dance?" He asks. I nod. We go to the dance floor and dance to the fun upbeat song. "Cause I'm a free bird and damn proud of it you're a sweet girl are ya sure you wanna ride with me? We're gonna raise some hell gonna make some noise if ya want a bad boy." He smiles and moves my bangs.

Miranda's pov

"Damn, I think Kurt's all cheered up." Jason says pointing. He softly kisses her. I'm totally beyond surprised. Since Kurt has been so upset, I didn't think he'd be okay. "Looks like Rachel's staying in Nashville." I say. Jason laughs. "I'm just glad my buddy's okay." He says, wrapping an arm around my waist.

*later*

Jason's pov

Kurt sits beside me and Miranda on the couch. "Hey Jason, I think I'm in love." He says. I smile. "I'm really glad Kurt." I go back to making out with my hot sexy wife but he interrupts me again. Ugh. "What, man?" "I need help. It's been forever." "Ask someone who's not busy, jeez." "Just go help him." She mutters. "Oh fine but you don't go anywhere." She smiles. "I make no promises." She teases. "Let's go Kurt." We walk back out to the party and her and Tully are talking. I make hand signals and point to Kurt. He nods and gives me a thumbs up. I walk over. "Hey Rachel, Kurt wants to ask ya somethin'." I say, pushing him towards her. He gets nervous. I poke him in the back. "Just ask her." I whisper. "Hey Rachel, ya want to go out? I could take ya to the wrong side of the tracks." He says. I slap my forehead. He's so dumb. "Sure." I look over surprised. She bought it! "Yeah, I don't think I'll ever wanna go back." She says, smiling. Damn! Even depressed, he's still good at scoring. What a lucky bastard! We walk back to the house. "So you pulled me away from my make out session for nothing! You didn't need me!" I gape. He laughs. "No I did need you. I needed you there. It gave me the confidence I needed." He says, smiling at Rachel. He waves to her and she waves back. I smile and shake my head. "Well if you don't mind, I'm gonna go now." He nods. I get back inside. "Hey baby." She says. I wave. "Well, I'm never gonna underestimate Kurt when it comes to chicks." I say, sitting beside her. She laughs. "He scored that date?" I nod. "Using damn song lyrics." I gape. "Ha, he is good." She says. I glance out the window at the two making out, making me think of us. "Oh where were we baby?" I say, kissing her.