A Christmas baby

Jason's pov

*a few years later*

I walk up to Kasi's grave and set the flowers down. The cold winter air tugging hard at me. "Merry Christmas, little sis." Another ice cold Christmas has come and gone. The snow falls down all around me and I pull my jacket tighter around me. Someone's hand rests on my shoulder. I turn around, thinking it's Miranda or someone from the band but when I look back no one is there. "Hello?" I call, confused. Nothing. Hm, that's weird. I hear a car pull up and this time it is Miranda. She's bundled up. I smile and walk over to her. "Hey Jason, figured I'd find ya here." "Yeah, you shouldn't be out in this cold while pregnant." She smiles, her hand on her stomach. "Come on home, Jason, the kids are about to open their presents and they don't want to without you." She says, grabbing my hand. "I'm comin'. Merry Christmas baby." "Merry Christmas country boy." I kiss her. I smile, remembering what I did when we first met. Country boy's world. I get in my truck. She gets in her car and we both drive home. I keep thinking about the tap on my shoulder when no one else was around. Then I think about it being Kasi. It makes me smile. I pull up in the drive and we go inside. Henry, Danny, and Cassie are all waiting in the living room for us. They all have mugs of hot chocolate. I throw another log on the fire and the kids open their presents. Danny stands up in shock when he gets his very own guitar. "Really? Oh my goodness!" I smile watching him. He was just like me at my age when my daddy gave me my first guitar. He's been following in my footsteps of wanting to become a singer. He's thirteen now so I figure it's time to teach him to play. Cassie is four and Henry is eighteen. Miranda lays her head on my shoulder. Suddenly she grabs her stomach. Uh oh. "Is it time, honey?" I ask, standing up. Her face pinches in pain and I've been around the block a few times on this to know that's a yes. "I got the kids." Mom says as I help her stand up. "Deep breaths baby." "Yeah I now the drill." She sarcastically says. I get her in her car since she can't get up in my truck. "Ow!!! Oh ow!! Okay that one really hurt!" She cries, tears on her cheeks. "Here, squeeze my hand." She grabs my hand and we get to the hospital. Wow, so we're gonna have a Christmas baby. I get her into the hospital as she screams in pain again. "Dr. Jones, tell... Dr. Jones that Miranda Aldean has gone into labor." I cry, breathless. "I can't stand Jason! I can't! It hurts so bad!" She shouts crying. A nurse wheels over a wheelchair. She sits down. I still hold her hand. "Deep breaths ma'am." She nods, clamping her hands on the wheelchair. "Dr. Jones can't make it. She's off today!" The nurse says. Uh oh. "I am not having this baby without her. She was here for all my babies! Someone get her please!!" "Okay hun, I'll get her." I tell her, kissing her head. "God bless you Jason." She says, gratefully. Little does she know, I'm already blessed.

Miranda's pov

"We're really pushing time here. You have to push now!" I glare at the nurse in anger. "Not without Jason and Dr. Jones!" I shout at her, gritting my teeth in pain. She sighs and just then Jason runs through the door with Dr. Jones. "Oh thank God." I gasp. He runs to my side. "You stubborn girl." Dr. Jones says, smiling and shaking her head. "Dammit! Jones get these freaking baby outta me!" I scream as a other bout of pain shoots through me. "Ok Miranda, push!" She says. Jason holds my hand tightly.

*five hours later*

I lay my head back in exhaustion. Jason holds our son. "I've got the perfect name for him." Danny says, walking over. "And what's that?" Jason asks. He hands him to Henry who wanted to hold him then sits beside me, wrapping an arm around me. "Noel." Danny says. "That is perfect. Because he was born on Christmas." I nod. "I love it." I whisper, tiredly. Jason kisses my forehead.

Jason's pov

"Good job, bro." I hear Kasi's voice. I fight back the tears, knowing she's been here the whole time. "Best Christmas evwr?" Miranda asks, sitting up. I pick Cassie up and put her on my lap. "Yeah babe best Christmas ever with my most favorite people in the world." I hug Cassie and Miranda at the same time. "I love my family." I say. Henry hands Noel to Danny. "Hey little brother." He kisses his head and Miranda falls asleep. I love my family.

THE END