Allie

Allie woke up from the same dream she had the night before.

She had dreamed about the day the law was passed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People clustered, screamed and cried in the darkness outside Allie 's window.

Heart pounding, ran to her parent's room wanting their comfort. Instead she ran towards Aron, her nine-year-old brother's room. He was in a fetal position under his bed. His green eyes sparkled with fear, he had always been a miniature version of her father, curly blond hair, leaf green eyes, and always seems to be brave and capable of everything.

Not today.

"Hey, you want to come out from under there," asked Allie.

He shook his head.

"Do you want Ranger Rick," Allie asked, grabbing for a purple kangaroo with an Indiana-Jones-like hat.

He nodded.

"Allie," she heard her dad whisper shout.

She looked up at her father, her idol, her teacher.

"You need to run," he said, handing her a cinch bag filled with weapons, supplies, and a family photo.

Allie didn't know what was happening, why she had to run.

But she ran.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allie took out the family photo, is was the only thing that reminded her they still existed. A tear fell onto the photo, staining it.