Vixen

Vixen sat down in a chair as soon as they got to the C.S.Z. Boston base. She covered her face with her hands. The shock of losing the General sunk in deep. That person had believed in a future for the cyborgs. She had been such a great leader to all these people and now...she was gone.

Vixen heard the screech of someone pulling up a chair next to her.

"Hey sis." It was Vera. Vixen leaned her head onto Vera's shoulder. "There had to be some sacrifice."

Vixen picked up her head and looked at her sister. There was something different about her that Vixen hadn't noticed before. Some kind of wisdom, some kind of...new passion.

"You're different Vera," Vixen said to her sister, staring her straight in her sapphire eyes fierceness.

"So are you," Vera answered getting up and heading over to Carter and, much to Vixen's dismay, kissed him.

Greyland sat in the seat Vera had been sitting in the moment.

"I remember," Greyland said.

"I'm glad you do," Vixen said, flashing him a huge smile.

"I need to tell you..." Greyland pressed his lips together.

"Tell me what?" Vixen asked.

"How this happened." He pointed to his cyborg half.

"Allie said you told her but she wouldn't tell me," Vixen. "She told me you told her right away."
"I did that because she was just one of those people that you tell something you wouldn't tell anyone," Greyland defended.

Vixen understood, Allie's kind and beautiful face made you want to tell her ANYTHING.

"I was about sixteen when me and my family got in a crash," Greyland said, his face full of pain as if every word he said hurt. "Survived but my family didn't. My siblings died in the crash, my parents died at the hospital."

Vixen took him into her arms and held him, trying to make all that pain and torture disappear. When she finally let go, Vixen gazed into his silver eyes.

Greyland leaned forward and kissed Vixen. Her heart swelled as she kissed him back.

Vixen thought she heard Vera say something but she didn't let go of the kiss till a second later.

Gazing into Greyland's eyes she finally heard her sister who was screaming her head off. Carter was trying to calm her down with no effect.

Vixen finally dared a glance at her angry sister to see the anger on her face melt away. At that moment Vixen realized that she had the biggest smile in the universe on her face. And her sister could never take it away.

Roger and Gloria ran through the tube panting, a jet pack was very visible on Roger's bareback. Gloria's hair was pulled in different directions from probably the flight here, she ran to her brother and whispered something in his ear.

"WHAT!?!?" Polan screamed. "They got Alfie!!"

Allie had ran off to find her parents, Vixen knew Allie would be devastated by the news.

"The set off an explosion to wake him," Polan repeated from his sister. "And then they lured him into cage with meat."

"What are we going to do?" Charity asked clinging onto her boyfriend Flambo.

"What's going on?" Alie entered holding her brother by the hand and her parents running up behind her. "What happened?"

Everyone looked at each other, pleading with their eyes for the other to tell Allie the news.

"They got Alfie," Gloria said quickly.

Allie just backed up, shaking her head, it was hard for her to believe.

"No," Allie said, her voice cracking. "You're lying, you have to be."

Allie looked at Polan with pleading eyes, Polan just slouched and looked at the floor. Allie's eyes filled with tears, Vixen felt so bad for her. She could relate because Vixen had loved Alfie too.

"Let's go get him," Vixen blurted. Every looked at her like she had three heads. "What?"

"Oh, for flippin Nora, just leave that flying death machine!" Carter complained.

"That's suicide sis," Vera said, trying to let the words sink in.

"Well don't we need Alfie," Vixen pointed out. Both their arguments were true.

"I'll go get him," a voice said. Vixen turned to see that it was Greyland who had made the outburst.

"Grey, it's too dangerous," Polan said, he was starting to sound a little like the General.

"I can do it." Greyland stood up and walked to the armory. Vixen ran after him.

"Greyland!" He stopped and let her catch up.

"I don't want you to die," Vixen said. Greyland started to speak but she cut him off. "But if this is something you need to do...I'll side with you."

Greyland kissed her and headed into the armory. Vixen let a tear fall silently down her cheek onto the cement floor.