Vera

"I'm so stupid," Cried Vera as she slammed the door of her apartment and jumped onto her bed. She had just enough of this, cyborgs this, cyborgs that. And the worst part is that the took her Regular twin sister.

"Oh Vixen...," Vera mumbled, a tear of regret rolled down her cheek. She had gotten pulled into this mess by her stupid cyborg brain, the Government saw her and others like her's smarts as an opportunity to use as a weapon for defending themselves from cyborgs. The people who had taken her sister. Her hologram messenger buzzed, telling her of a new message. It was from her mother, what was she going to tell her? Hey, your daughter's been captured by evil cyborgs, do you want to have lunch? Vera knew if she said something like that to her mother she would take it as a joke instead of the truth, but it was better than seeing her her cry. When Vera and Vixen's father died five years ago all their mother was a wreck, all she would do was lay around and cry. Vera and her sister were so busy taking care of themselves and each other that they barely had time to cry for their dead dad. Vera combed her hair back with a salty hand and let out a raspy breath, she accepted the message. A tiny hologram version of her mother stood before her, eyes and hair like Vera but different skin tone.

"Sweety, I can't find Vixen anywhere...," Her mom stopped talking, notice Vera's tears. "What happened?"

After a horrible, painful pause Vera answered, "The cyborgs took her."

Her mother bit her lip, tears were starting to be visible.

"Do you know where their base is?" Vera's mother sobbed. Hope flickered over her tearful face, tell her the truth would tare Vera's heart.

"Were very close to finding the base so don't worry," Vera said, which was actually the truth. The chip she inserted into the cyborgs brain would get information and locations. A location where her twin could be.

"I have to go, the sooner we can find her," Vera said as she ended the message. Getting out of bed, she opened the door and a cool winter breeze danced her curls through the air. She stared at the apartment complex that was built for half cyborgs who worked for the Government. May her neighbor opened her door grabbing a quick glance at Vera and walked into the grayish courtyard. Vera wondered what the cyborg base was like. Did it have houses? Were there children inside? Did they have weapons that could destroy a bomb shelter? A horrible thought crossed her mind. Did that rotten Cyborg rat her out? Did they think Vixen was her? That must have been why they took her, it was the only thing that made sense. Vera zipped up her jacket and speed walked to the Officer's office determined as ever.

"I will find you," Vera whispered to herself. "I will find you Vixen."