Greyland

Greyland's head pounded when he got up that morning, groaning, Greyland got out of his tent to join the others. The team pack up the the tents and supplies and headed in the direction Allie pointed. Greyland looked ahead at Vixen, he had let her see the happy humorous side of him, not the emotional mess he really was. Vixen had introduced everyone to her sister Vera the night before, the events of that night were quite confusing. Vixen laughed at something Vera said, her laugh made Greyland smile like an idiot. If Grayland told her the truth she would see him differently, he would pour his heart out later but now wasn't the time. Even though he wanted so badly to tell her who he really was he knew it would ruin everything. Allie stopped Polan bumped into her creating a domino reaction, when Vixen fell Grayland rushed to catch her.

"Thanks," Vixen with a bright smile said as Greyland hoisted her up and released her from his grip, giving her a tiny smile. She seemed to be studying his features trying to find something, but gave up.

"What was it?" Polan asked Allie who stood there like a boulder.

"No..." She sadly whispered softly, suddenly springing over a hill. They all ran after her.

Over the hill was the ruins of a small town, the burned buildings were just outlines, but one house was barely touched, Allie ran into it.

Thud.

Polan was on the ground not moving, Flambo ran to him.

Thud.

He went down, too.

Thud, thud, thud, thud.

Vixen, Roger, Vera, and Charity were on the ground now. Carter held a tranquilizer gun, he pointed it at Grayland who ran like a mad man into the house Allie had dashed into.

Slamming the door behind him, Greyland locked the door and put a nearby bookcase in front of it. Voices echoed from upstairs, as silent as he could Greyland crept up the stairs. When he reached the top of the oak stairs Allie was hugging a young Regular boy, they both were crying. Allie released him from the hug, but cupped his face in her hands.

"You're so big now Aron," Allie said, still not noticing Greyland or the banging on the door. A man appeared behind her.

"Allie!" Greyland screamed running to save her from the man. Allie grabbed his arm with her metal hand and pulled him back.

"Grey, what's your deal? I'm not...," She didn't finish her sentence, she had noticed the man behind her.

"Allie?" The man said, like he didn't believe she was real.

"Dad!?!?!?!?!?!" Allie leaped into the man's arms.

The young boy who Allie called Aron studied Greyland.

"I like your shiny pants," Aron said. Greyland was about to tell him they weren't pants, but Carter burst through the door with his tranquilizer darts.

"They.." Carter said, like he was forcing the words out. "Programed..me..help..panel..back of..head..chip..."

"Hide!!!!!" He yelled to Allie and her family. Greyland did the most sane thing possible, he rushed to get the chip out.

Carter shot the darts rapidly, either missing Greyland or hitting down a family photo. Carter seemed to be struggling over his control.

Greyland gave Carter a swift punch to the side of Carter's head, knocking him out. Carter fell to the floor, Greyland bent down and opened the panel at the back of Carter's head. A silver chip was placed into a jumble of wires, Greyland pulled it out.

Broken glass crunched behind him, the man Allie called dad was behind Grayland.

"We need to get that boy up," He said in a western accent. Greyland and Allie's dad carried Carter into a dining room with a oak table with four chairs surrounding it, a crystal chandelier, and a doorway that connected to a kitchen. Allie entered the dining room, Aron clinging to her arm and staring fearfully at Carter.

"He's out cold," Greyland said reassuringly. "But we should still tie him up."

Allie checked his gun and darts.

"These darts are really powerful," Allie said worry on her face. " There is a 6% chance they won't wake up."

Allie's dad tied up Carter as Allie, Greyland, and little Aron pulled the others inside to the dining room.

When the got the last person in Allie went to Polan, kneeling over him she said, "Wake up Polan. Please, wake up."

Greyland went over to Vixen, combed back Vixen's hair whispering, "Wakey, wakey eggs and bakey. Come on wake up, I need to tell you something."

Greyland didn't want her dying without knowing the truth.

Her dad stared at Allie with curiosity. But Polan didn't wake up, neither did Vixen. Vera did.