Allie

The dragon egg cracked in Allie's hands, she didn't expect it to hatch so fast.

She set the egg on the ground and watched as a small tale the color of midnight poked out of the egg. Tiny bag legs came next and the egg stood up, wobbling around and then finally being fully free of the egg was a baby dragon with midnight scales and eyes the colors of the rising sky.

Allie's dad stood next to Alli, looking at the baby dragon.

"It's a boy," He said.

"I'm naming him Alphie," Allie told him. Alphie was the name of Allie's favorite stuffed animal when she was younger, back then she thought Alphie ate bad dreams.

Her father smiled.

"Great name," He said.

Alphie's eyes were still closed so he wandered around tripping and bumping into things. Finally, Allie scooped him up in her arms. Alphie purred like a cat in Allie's hands. She ran her fingers over his delicate scales.

"Can I have a pet dragon, too?" Aron asked Allie's mother, pulling on her jacket.

Allie rolled her eyes, her brother didn't understand the importance of this baby dragon.

"You're a good boy, Alphie," Allie cooed. The other gathered around to get a better look at the newborn.

Polan tried to talk to her but was interrupted every time, Allie wanted to talk to him too but there were too many people around.

"Polan, I need your help with something," Allie told Polan.

"Okay," He said.

Allie led him to the outskirts of the camping ground. Allie looked to see if they were being followed.

"I need to tell you something," Allie said.

"Me too," Polan said.

"You first," Allie said.

"No, you first," Polan said.

"Okay, so Alphie here is, well I think, is the secret weapon," Allie said. "Now what do you need to tell me?"

"First let's talk about your theory," Polan said, he looked nervous.

"The beam of light lead to the egg," Allie explained. "I saw the light beam in the cave and the source was Alphie's egg."

Allie scratched behind Alphie's neck making him pure so hard he vibrated.

"What do you need to tell me?" Allie asked.

Polan wiped his hands on his pants and tried to avoid looking at Allie. He pinched his lips together.

He whispered something Allie couldn't hear.

"What?" She asked.

He whispered a little louder but Allie still couldn't hear him.

"Can you please talk a little louder," Allie pleaded.

"I really like you," He finally said, looking deeply into Allie's eyes making her feel like melting chocolate. Her mouth flapped up and down like a fish till words finally found her.

"I really like you too," Allie said, watching Polan's eyes light up like a christmas tree.

They looked into each others eyes for what felt to Allie like forever.

Then Alphie's perked up. Allie feared what that meant.

Polan seemed to read her mind and they headed back to the camp.

When they entered the camp everyone was already asleep and in their tents. Polan walked Allie to her tent.

"Be alert," Polan said grabbing both Allie's hands.

"I will," Allie answered and kissed Polan on the cheek making him blush like crazy, a smile spread across his face.

The two love birds wished each other sweet dreams and went to their tents.