Vera

Vera saw all the cyborgs rush to Greyland's tent. She could tell there was something odd going on so she joined the group rushed into Greyland's tent. Greyland was up and was standing in front of Vixen like he was protecting her.

"Get away from us!" He screamed.

"Greyland! Stop this! What's going on with you?" Vixen cried.

"Whose Greyland?" He asked.

"What do you mean 'whose Greyland?' Your Greyland!" Vixen screamed.

"He has amnesia," Roger said, somehow everyone could hear him.

There was a silence.

"You mean he can't remember anything?" Polan asked, the pain on his face was very visible. He had been through so much by what Vera had heard, losing a friend would add onto his weight.

Allie put a hand on his shoulder, relaxing him slightly. Vera relaxed also, Greyland's memory was gone so he couldn't be a threat by liking her sister. Vera knew these thoughts were selfish but she didn't want Vixen to fall in love with a freak.

"So how does he remember me?" Vixen asked. Vera tensed up again, her worries about her sister and Greyland flooded back to her.

"I don't know," Roger said honestly. " Maybe you were the last thing he thought of before he got knocked out or something."

Greyland and Vixen blushed at the same time, anger rose in Vera's throat.

"Who are you people?" Greyland asked.

The group went around the room introducing themselves and their connections to Greyland.

"My memory is a little hazy," Greyland said putting his hand on his forehead.

"I'll help you remember," Vixen said, her and Greyland looked into each others eyes and shared a loving look. Vera thought smoke might come out of her ears. Vera knew her sister was too good for this freak. Vera crossed her arms and distanced herself from the cyborg group and left the tent. Surprisingly she found she found Carter sitting outside the tent using a pocket to carve a indentation into a nearby tree. He noticed Vera and stopped what he was doing and smile slightly.

"Why aren't you in there?" He asked pointing to Greyland's tent.

Vera shrugged.

"I couldn't take all the nonsense they were throwing around," She answered plopping next to him.

"Something on your mind?" Carter asked this in a concerned voice that startled Vera.

"Yeah," She said. "I just can't believe how much Vixen has grown up without me. My mom and dad got to help her with all kinds of stuff and all I did was call a couple times a month."

"It's not your fault," Carter said, then he looked ahead seeming to be lost in thought.

"Something on your minded, too?" Vera could see she startled him with her question.

"Yes," Carter told her. "I witnessed my father's murder I blamed someone who lost both their parents because of it. Plus my mind has been going crazy since we made up. Sometimes I wake up and i'm outside his tent with a knife."

Carter put his head down in shame but continued.

"I always thought that if I killed him my father would be avenged and I would be free of worry and everything would be fine but now...Thing are different. But something inside me still thinks that killing him will make everything right."

Vera knew the "him" Carter was talking about was Polan. She tried to let all this new information settle in.

"I think that you just need to forgive yourself for wanting murderous revenge," Vera said to Carter.

He looked up at her.

"And I think you need to forget the past and live the present in the present where you and your sister are in the same place," Carter advised Vera.

"You need to forget the past to," Vera pointed out to him. "That's the first step to forgiving yourself."

"So I should live in the present," Carter smiled.

"Yep," Vera answered.

She felt a connection between her and Carter. She knew she had a tiny crush on him.

Then Carter did something that surprised Vera. He kissed her.

He let go of the connection for a moment.

"What was that?" Vera asked stunned but filled with shock, joy, and love.

"I was living in the moment," He answered, a smile on his face.

Vera kissed him for a second and then the two looked at each other for what seemed to Vera like forever.

The sound of foot steps filled Vera's ears. She and Carter stopped looking at each other and lay in the grass acting like nothing happened.