Vixen

Vixen was holding back tears when Flambo and Polan came into the little camp carrying Greyland. As they settled him on the ground she rushed to him, kneeling down. Vixen grabbed his hand, it was as cold a shis metal.

"What happened?" Gloria asked stepping forward, Vixen looked up. Polan sheepishly stepped forward.

"We were attacked by a dragon," He said quietly looking down at his feet.

"A dragon!?!??!" Allie's father shouted. Allie's mother held Allie's brother, Aron, closer to her.

Vixen looked down at Grayland. Fear rising in her throat, nearly choking her. She brushed his blond, almost white, hair away from his closed eyes. She noticed a gash on his side and screamed, everyone's attention was on her.

Flambo kneeled down and noticed the gash, too.

"Get the medical equipment!" He ordered.

Soon Greyland was in his tent lying on his sleeping bag while Roger applied bandages and disinfectant. Vixen was near by still holding his hand and dabbing his forehead with a wet cloth. After Roger had left Vixen had stayed, she wanted to be the first one for him to see when he woke up. She missed the jokes he told around the campfire, how she felt like she was on a rollercoaster whenever she caught him looking at her, and his smile. Even though they had only known each other for a week it felt like forever to Vixen. The question raced through Vixen's head...Was she in love with Greyland? Then Marco's face flashed into her mind with his spiky brown hair, deep sea blue eyes, dimples on his cheeks, and round face. Vixen really liked Marco but..No one made her feel the way she felt about Greyland. Even Marco.

Vixen leaned down and kissed Greyland on the forehead. Her lips tingled.

"I'll be back," Vixen said as she got up.

Greyland's eyes fluttered open. Vixen stood still.

"Vixen," He whispered. Then he sat up, looked around, his face filled with confusion. He turned to Vixen, he looked even more confused. He closed his eyes and seemed to be deep in thought. He opened his eyes again.

"Vixen?" He asked as if he didn't know who she was.

Polan rushed into the tent.

"Grey!" He happily cried, hugging Greyland.

"Who are you?" Greyland asked.