The bar

I tried not to think about it for the rest of my working hours, I didn't want to make it worse for myself. I just couldn't...

"The usual, Alex!" One of the usuals named Dave yelled and waved at me from his both against the window. I started to mix up Vodka, beer and peppermint, I really don't understand how this can taste so good...

"Comin' right up, Dave!" I yelled back and poured it into a huge glass. I placed it on the counter for Wendy the waitress to deliver, a blonde with way too much gum in her pockets... She literally looked like she was pulled out of the Pink Ladies from Grease!! "Wendy!" I yelled to get her attention away from the magazine, she moaned out annoyed before smiling fake and walked over to Dave with his order, he thanked her and when she turned away from him, she sent me a look that could kill. Too bad I'm immune! I just laughed and gave her the middle-finger. "If you don't like me, Wendy. You can get your white ass out of this place, no one will miss you!" I said and started laughing when she got a shocked expression.

"Everyone will miss me, I'm the one who attracts costumers to this place, you're just the barista." She said and flashed her teeth with some gum stuck between, ugh... But then, Dave came to the rescue!! Haha!

"Wendy, no offense, sweetheart. I don't come here to watch a little blonde with a slutty outfit, I came for the beer. And, Alex here gives me beer, so..." He said and lifted his glass at me, Wendy gaped before she stumped into the ladies room with her stilettos , I burst out laughing and gave Dave a thumbs up.

"Nice one, Dave! Next one is on me!" I said, Dave cheered out loudly just when Proof and Marshall ran through the door and sat down in front of me at the bar. I met Proof's gaze, but I couldn't meet Marshall's in fear of being reminded of...well, you know... "What's up guys?" I asked and smiled to them, Proof cheered out loudly.

"ALEX!!" Marshall exclaimed, I met his blue eyes, a mistake. Anyways, I had to look at him sooner or later... "I WON!! I FUCKING WON!!" He grabbed my shoulders and shook me happily.

"Hold on a minute, what did you win??" I asked, Proof high-fived pretty much everyone at the bar right now.

"I WON!! ALEX!! I'M GONNA FREESTYLE ON LIVE RADIO!!!! NEXT WEEK!!!" He hugged me tightly with a huge grin over his face.

"YOU WON?! YOU WON!!! OH MY GOD!!" I jumped up and down in the hug met hus blue eyes when he let go. "This is your motherfucking chance, whiteboy!!" I said smiling and gave him a bottle of beer, he smiled at me and lifted his glass before drinking the whole bottle without stopping.

"Yo, Alex!! Toss me one!!" Proof yelled, I smiled and tossed the bottle which he drank just as fast.

_________________

I had to say it, I couldn't keep it a secret, and he would eventually find out anyways...

"Marshall?" I asked and tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around and met my gaze.

"Hmmm, what??" I asked if he could come with me out back with a serious expression over my face and I felt that I had to start fighting the tears when we stood out side the back of the bar. He noticed that I let a tear roll down my cheek and got a worried look on his face before pulling me into his warm embrace. "What's wrong?" He slowly let go of the hug, I had really started to cry now, the tears just kept on running down my cheeks, but is there anyone who's going to know I'm moving first, it's him. "Alex, what's wrong?" He asked again, I met his blue, understanding eyes.

"I...I'm..." I tried, but the constant sobbing made it impossible to finish. I sniffled while wiping the tears with my palm and sniffled again when I looked back up at him.

"Okay, now I'm seriously worried here!" He exclaimed, making me laugh slightly.

"I... I don't know what to do!! I don't want to leave you and Deshaun, you're my best friends in the whole world! And, if I leave, I'll probably never see you guys again! And, and... I was sobbing and sniffing constantly at this point, he pulled me against him again.

"Leaving? What are you talking about??" I let go of our hug and looked him in the eye with pain in mine.

"Mom told me on the way to work..." I said and looked at him serious before sniffling once more. "Marshall, we're moving to New York..."