The talk

"Aigh't see ya guys later!" Proof said, who was the last person from our small gathering with D12 left.

"Later, Doody!" Cried Marshall and closed the door behind him.

"TAKE A BREAK !! YOU FUCKING NEED IT !!" Marshall jumped at my outbreak and stared at me with big eyes. "Sleep medication is okay, but the amount you take is ridiculous !! You have to take a break, Marshall. Since '99 you've been constantly making a new album or touring or BEEN flying around America on interviews! When you do have a break, you visit your family and then it's all over again! Of course, you need to keep the fans happy and your family is your life! But you don't have any time for yourself anymore! When you do, you're writing a new rap and then it's back to work." I looked him in the eye. "It's not healthy, I'm worried sick!"

He looked at me and nodded curtly.

"I know." He said, I got big eyes. "I'm taking a break from the spotlight so I can be there for Haillie ... I mean, I really haven't lately and that's killing me ..."

"You're a great dad ..." I said and patted him on the back, he met my gaze hard.

"If I was, she'd fucking be here right now." He said through clenched teeth, I turned his gaze toward me.

"Haillie loves you, you know that damn well. Don't you dare saying anything else, if you ask her if you are a good dad, she's gonna laugh at you and then scream yes in your face. Don't you dare turning anything you already have to something bad!" I smiled at him easily. "So you've thought about it for some time?" I asked and switched theme, he nodded curtly.

"Yeah, just producing for the Shady-family y'know. No interviews or tours or albums in a while, I don't know how long, but as long as I need it to be ... Haillie's 11 now, I have to be there for her. The same goes to the rest of the girls, Whitney and Alaina. I love them and I haven't really showed them that lately ..." I nodded.

"I'm happy you've thought about it and know what you're doing ... I gotta admit, I thought you really was stupid..." I laughed, he smiled at me.

"Yeah, I get it ..." He said. "But you know ... I don't know if you know but ... I take, like ... E? Y'know, before performing..."

"Ecstasy?" He nodded, I didn't like it, but he was honest, I wouldn't throw it at him since he was telling the truth. "Why?"

"I'm ... You know I've always been fucking shy ..." He said nervously, I smiled comforting.

"You nervous for perfoming?" He nodded.

"Yeah, I try not to use it, but then I see the crowd and ... I'm like 'Yo, I can't fucking do this, I need something to boost my energy' so I to take E and it helps ... The faces in the crowd gets blurry, I don't see their faces looking at me and shit.

"You need to stop that, you know ..." I said, he nodded.

"Yeah, I just ... That's why I'm taking a break, I can't keep doing what I do, I have three daughters, I need to chill out. I know that ... Because of you, no other than you and Proof have noticed this shit, that's why you're my best friends ..." He hit me in the shoulder playfully.

"Hey, just bestfriend ??" I said with a grin.

"GIRLFRIEND? You happy now, you little bastard ..." He laughed, I smiled and pulled him against me in a hug.

"I'm Happy, I'm VERY happy ..." I said and kissed him on the cheek.