I'mma fighter

"Ahhh ..." He groaned painfully and quickly sent me a brave smile, I sighed and pulled the dirty sweater off him as gently as I could and almost got a shock.

"Holy Shit, man ..." I said when I saw the big bruise on his left side and went around the bed for a closer look.

"Is it bad?" He asked groaning, I nodded sad.

"It's a huge bruise, but uhm ... Can you breathe with no problems?" I asked, he looked at me briefly and took a deep breath. I nodded to him when I saw it went without problems. "At Least, you have not broken any ribs! I think ... You better go see a doctor though ..." I said, he met my gaze and shook his head.

"I Can't afford that, besides it's in that case just a broken rib. The only thing to do is to suck it up ..." he said and groaned slightly as he sat up in the bed. "I'mma Fighter, y'know!" He said and winked at me smiling.

"Thank God for that, that will for sure get you far in life!" I said smiling  as we heard the front door open and Kim came walking into the bedroom. She stared hard at me and then at Marshall.

"The fuck happend to you?" She asked plainly, I would like to put down that little bitch, but then I had  ruined my reputation by touching a whore ...

"He go--" I started, but Marshall stopped me by saying something else.

"I fell." He said looking at her, she raised her eyebrows and started laughing.

"Aight, you "fell" .... Whatever, I'm not staying the night, I have to work the night shift today ... I'm leaving in an hour. She said and turned her back on us to go, but turned to us again. "And yeah. Before I forget it, your mom called, she sounded like she was crying or somethin ..." Then she went into the living room again, Marshall met my gaze.

"Coud you get the phone and some painkillers?" He asked, I nodded and he stroked me lightly on the cheek before I got up from the bed and went into the bathroom to retrieve the tablets. Kim had just been out and bought a package that stood unopened on the bench, I opened it and took out two tablets to make sure that it relieved his pain. Then I went into the hallway and took the phone as Kim walked up to me. She leaned against the wall and looked at me.

"What happend?" She asked, she sounded serious.

"He fell, he told you." I said, and met her gaze.

"Yeah, right ..."  She laughed andwalked away, I showed her the finger behind her back before I went into the bedroom again. I gave Marshall the tablets, he swallowed them down without water and looked up at me grateful until I gave him the phone. He entered the number to his mother and took it up to his ear, when she answered I heard her sob from the other end.

"Ma, It's me. Why you crying?" He asked, his eyes got big and full of tears of what she said now, I didn't hear what it was, but it had to be sad!

"What ??" He exclaimed and tears flowed down from his cheeks.

"Marshall, what is it?" I asked upset and took his hand in mine, it was a damn mistake because he squeezed my hand in his full strength to control himself. I made a brief grimace since I jumped, but exhaled hard and thought of something else to ease the pain.

Marshall said nothing more before hanging up and dropping the phone down on the bed beside him and stared into the wall in tears.

"Marshall, what's wrong?" I asked again, he met my gaze and pulled me into a tight hug.

-RONNIE'S DEAD !! He exclaimed, sobbing on my shoulder.

What?!