Dear Marshall...

I waited a week to write my first letter, not the least because we had to bring in all the stuff  into the apartment, but I wanted to actually have something to tell him ...

I sat down at the desk and took out pen and paper and began to write ...

"Dear Marshall ...

It's been a whole week since the last time we saw each other and I miss the time we had together every day ...

New York is a shithole ... Literally! I hate it here, there are no underground clubs anywhere in the part we live in, and mom bought an apartment in the "nicer neighborhood" ... Which means the rich part of New York, and I HATE IT!

You know what that Means, even if I do find an underground club, I'll probably get picked on because I'm a rich wannabe or somethin ...

I haven't met anyone neither, we 've been too busy moving in so I have not gotten out so much ... The times I have, I've just been looking for some clubs or somethin! Haha!

...

I miss your crazy humor, Whiteboy ...

Fuck you, Alex. "

I put down the pen and looked at the paper. Haha, only MARSHALL will understand what I meant by that last part.

I smiled to myself, folded the sheet of paper so that it would fit and put it in the envelope before I got up and went out into the hallway.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked when she saw me put on my shoes, I looked up and met her gaze.

"Post this letter for Marshall, you got any stamps by the way?" I asked and put on my hoodie, she sent me a small glance when I pulled the hood over my head.

"I do actually, here ... "she said and gave me a stamp, I stuck it in the corner of the letter and was about to go out when she stopped me. "Alex ..." she said quickly, I turned around and saw her examine me with her  gaze.

"What?" I asked.

 "... Don't you think, it's a little ... I don't know, boyish? What about some jeans and a top?" She asked and gave me a thumbs up.

"Jeans and top ?? Are you trying to get rid of me ??" I asked and I got chills just thinking about it ... UGH !!

"Ah ..." She sighed, kissing me on the forehead, okay, she isn't as bad as I've made it look ... It's just that, well, she's ... It's not like something is wrong with her, it makes me feel completely OPPOSITE !!

"Besides, I'm wearing pants and a jacket, at least I'm dressed compared to what girls wear today ... Just look at Britney Spears!" I said smiling and started singing "Hit me baby, one more time", there was apparently only me and Marshall who could misinterpret that song something so bad that people thought we were screwed together wrong !! Hahah!

"Okeey, Alex!" She laughed and gave me a light hug before I walked out of the apartment. I ran down the wooden staircase until I got to the exit door of the large apartment complex and walked quickly across the crowded street until I FINALLY found a mailbox.

I looked at the letter one last time and smiled to myself while I held my necklace in the other hand.

"I miss you, Marshall ..." I said, putting the letter in the mailbox and kissed the picture on the medallion before I turned and walked quickly back the same way when I saw something in the corner of my eye and turned towards it quickly.

There, across the street was a large black sign with white letters which I clearly read:  "The HIP-HOP shop" I smiled and ran across the street over to the store and opened the doors, I was a little disappointed. There was no battle-place ... It was literally a shop selling Hip-Hop cd's ... Well, could always just see what they're about.

"Hey, gurl. How you doing? Something I can get ya?" Asked a deep voice behind me, I turned around and met the eyes of a dark and huge man behind the counter. I smiled at him and nodded.

"Yeah, what's dope around here?" I asked, he looked at me surprised. "What?" I asked smiling, he shook his head.

"Nothin, you from Detroit?" He asked, I looked at him surprised and nodded.

"How did ya--"

"Your accent blew you away, sweetheart."

"Don't call me sweetheart, man. I'll fucking kill ya." I said and gave him a slight smile, he smiled easily back.

"Got ya!" He said and gave me a thumbs up before he walked around the counter.

"You cool, what's yo name?" He asked and looked at me challenging.

"Alex, what about you?" I asked, he nodded approving.

"Dave, nice to meet ya Alex." He said, taking his hand up in anticipation. I realized immediately that he meant a brohug, since I've always done it. I took his hand smiling and gave him a brotherly hug.

"Damn, finally not a rich wannabe!" He said smiling and patted me on the back before he began to show me some CDs that were popular at the moment.