Hangover

"The door's locked! What the hell?? Have we been kidnapped or somethin??" I asked out loudly and turned to face Marshall, he stared into the wall and murmured something to himself.

"FUCK!" He suddenly exclaimed and jumped out the bed, I looked at him with my eyes narrowed.

"What?" I asked, he started to search the drawers in the nightstands before he found what he was looking for. A paper and a pen. 

"Yes..." He said proudly quiet to himself and sat down at the floor and started to write on the paper. What the hell is he gonna do? Send a rescue-note??

"Marshall, what the hell are you doing? Didn't you hear what I was saying?? We're locked inside here!"

"Shhhh!" He said without looking up, I sighed and walked over to him to see what he was writing.

"Could you please tell me what the fuck you are doing?" I asked, he was writing fast, but then slowed down more and more until it all stopped.

"...I don't know what more...I just came up with the rhymes and thought it was good, I don't know... Look" He handed me the paper with his annoyingly tiny handwriting, I read it out loud.

"I feel like I'm walking a tight rope, without a circus net. I'm popping percocets, I'm a nervous wreck. I deserve respect, but I work a sweat for this worthless check. Bout to burst this tech, at somebody to reverse this debt. Minimum wage got my adrenalin caged, full of venom and rage." I looked up from the paper and nodded at him. "This is good, you came up with this just now?" He nodded an placed his hands on his temples again.

"Aigh't, I fucking need some painkillers! My fucking brain is trying to escape my head, made out of led, torn and shred by this guy in red! WOOO! Hahah!" He laughed and put the paper in his pocket, he stood up and handed me his hand to help me up when somebody knocked at the door.

"Yo, you guys up??" Proof yelled outside and knocked more on the door.

"Yeah, we up... Open the fucking door, dawg!" Marshall cried, we heard some keys jingle in the lock and the door opened. Marshall didn't let go of my hand, was he planning on letting go or..??

"Marshall, Could you please give me my hand back? I'm up now?" He looked at me and let go of my hand quickly and then met the eyes of Proof. We started going down the stairs into the bar.

"Oookay ... Ey, yo Slim. Kim called, she's not mad at you no more. What the fuck did you do now ??" He asked, and laughed briefly as we walked together out of the room.

"I Really can't remember, but please just get us home ... I need some painkillers, for fuck sake my head is beating itself up ..." he said and sighed.

"I'm pretty sure I ain't got any though? Do you guys have it at your place?" Proof asked and looked at Marshall, everyone stopped and he shook his head.

"For fuck sake, you guys ... I got it, but promise me this, NO ONE speak to that bitch, aight!" I said, pointing at them warningly as we walked out of the bar and out to the parking lot.

"Wow! Your ma is nothing like a bitch, my mom is a bitch, your ma is ..." Marshall said, I met his gaze threatening. "... A bitch, allright ..." Then he burst into laughter.

_______

I breathed out and opened the door to the house, walked quickly with Marshall right behind me, I saw mom in the corner of my eye when we went into the bathroom.

"Alexis ?? THANK GOD !! I've been so worried!" She said, looking at me as I searched through the drawers and took out a box of Paracetamol, painkillers. She looked at us narrowing her eyes, I gave Marshall a tablet and filled a glass with water and gave it to him, he took it first. He drank half the glass to swallow his tablet and then gave the glass to me.

"What are you doing??"  She asked.

"Painkillers" I answered plainly and threw a tablet in my mouth before I swallowed it down with the rest of the water.

"I can see that, Alexis. But why?" She asked, I met her look and pulled with me Marshall and past her.

"Hangover." I said, and heard a small gasp from her.

"Ahh ... Where are you going ???" She cried after us as we walked towards the door.

"Out!" I called to her and closed the door behind us before she could say anything else.

"Hangover ... You actually told your mother you had a hangover!" Marshall laughed, but moaned and held his head quickly. -Fucking headache ...

"AHAHAH !!! Carma !!! Hahaha !!! ... Oww .... " I said and took me to the head.

"HAHHA !!" Proof laughed at us amused.

"SHUT Yo' mouth, Proof. I'll kill you ... "I Threatened.

"Oohohoh !! Someone is GRUMPY !!" He laughed, I showed him the finger and remembered that I still held Marshall's hand and turned to meet his gaze.

We turned toward each other equally, I looked into his blue eyes. The pain and the pleasure showing in his blue orbs...

Then I remembered that it was him, I looked away and dropped his hand quickly. He cleared his throat and looked up at Proof, while I smiled shyly for myself.