BRIAN!?

"What the fuck you doin 'here, dick!" Asked Marshall sour again, I shushed him absent as Brian opened his mouth to say something.

"I heard you were back and ... I just didn't know he would be here too ...! he said and looked behind me at Marshall that automatically tightened his grip around my waist.

"Well?" I said to him and rolled my eyes, he coughed briefly.

"I just wanted to ... To apologize, directly to you. What I did was wrong and ..." He looked into my eyes and bit his lower lip before he looked behind me at Marshall, as he stared Brian down hard.  "And you deserved better than that ... "He cleared his throat again.

"Yeah, well now you have apologized. Anything more you wanna say?" I asked uninterested, he met my gaze.

"Yeah, as your ... I don't know if I still am, but ... As your friend, I'm asking you to not start drinking again. You know where it led you and why you stopped ..." He said, I got big eyes.

"And you don't think I fucking know that ?? That was a minor step-back! Just a taste, I'm not drinking again! Marshall keeps an eye on me anyways ..."

"... Yeah ..."  Marshall said behind me, I chuckled, but kept the laughter to myself as well as possible.

"... Anyways, I was hoping we could still be friends?"

"Sure, but I have a boyfriend--"

"---That is completely okay with kicking your ass if you try something ..." Marshall completed, Brian laughed briefly.

"I have a girlfriend, so we're even. Okay?" I nodded briefly and turned to Marshall.

"Could you perhaps ... I don't know, let me breath for a second or two?" I looked down at his hands around my waist, he didn't let his eyes off of Brian while he let go around me slowly. I turned back to Brian. "Thank you for apologizing, but ... We were kinda busy so ..."

"Oh, of course! Uhm ... "He looked down quickly and coughed. "I guess I'll see you around?" Marshall looked at Brian hard, which made him incredibly uncomfortable. I nodded and gave Marshall a little nudge to tell him to calm down. "Okay, see you later then?"

"Bye!" I said, and closed the door as Brian turned and walked away.

"Fucking hell, what a loser ..." Marshall said, I turned toward him.

"Why?" I asked and took his hand in mine, I followed him up the stairs to my room.

"He's so damn awkward! 'uuuh, yeah! Eeeeh, okay! Uhm, sure!' God ..." He rolled his eyes as I opened the door, I looked at him smiling.

"So, this is my room ... "I laughed nervously..

"Heeey ... Ain't that the same bed you had back in the D?" He asked and jumped into the bed, I nodded to him smiling.

"In this bed, this is gonna sound so wrong to you ... But I kissed you for the first time in this bed." He looked at me quizzically as my cheeks flushed with red. "You were sleeping ..."

"Oh, I remember that, no I wasn't sleeping ... I was about to wake up." He laughed, then I got even redder cheeks, but Marshall pulled me into the bed with him. I lay in his arms and my memories of that night flooded back, I felt butterflies flowing back into my stomach and giggled to myself. "What's so funny ??" He whispered and looked down at me.

"I feel like a teen ..." I said, rolling my eyes. "Can I kiss you again?" I laughed nervously, he laughed briefly.

"What the fuck ?? What kind of question is that? What's next? 'Can you please fuck me?'... For the last time, you don't have to ask, Alexis ..." I smiled when he called me by my full name and kissed him softly on the lips.