01.

My eyes shot open at the sound of my alarm. Groaning, I turned over and slapped my hand against the clock, willing the noise to stop. A sigh escaped my lips as I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom and started getting ready for yet another day of school. This was my freshman year, and it had been anything but normal. That of course was all thanks to my brother and his friends.

 I was 14 when I found out my older brother was a werewolf, and that was a lot to take in. Since then, my first year of high school so far had been action packed with all the supernatural drama, I'm not even sure how I had managed to stay on top of my school work.

Once I was ready for school, I made my way downstairs to grab something to eat before I had to leave. As I entered the kitchen, my brother looked up at me from his seat at the kitchen table. Scott was my best friend, and the best brother I could have ever asked for. Despite all of that, he was also the one who essentially turned my whole life upside down, but I wouldn't want it any other way. 

"Hey" he said through a mouthful of cereal.

"Morning" I mumbled grabbing an apple.

"I have lacrosse tryouts this morning, so I can't give you a ride" Scott said standing up to put his bowl in the sink.

Sighing, I took a bite of my apple before speaking, "Okay, I guess I'll take the bus then."

He nodded before grabbing his bag. "See ya later Syd" he said as he walked to the door.

"Bye, good luck!" I called after him.

****

I walked down the halls of BHHS with my best friend Sophia.

"Did you hear about the new kid" she asked as we stopped at my locker.

"No." I said grabbing some of my books.

"He's amazing at lacrosse, I heard some people talking this morning they think he could be the first freshman captain." she said whispering the last part.

I turned my head away from my locker to look at her. "Do you really think that's possible Soph? Scott wouldn't let that happen"

"Scott's not some super hero Sydney, anything can happen" She replied, still obsessing over the new kid. Sophia was my best friend, but that didn't mean she knew anything of what went on with my brother and our friends. 

I let a small laugh escape my lips. "If only you knew" I whispered closing my locker.

When Sophia still didn't let up on the whole new kid story, I decided I would feed into her excitement, "What's his name?" I asked as we made out way through the hallways. 

Sophia gave me a grin, "Liam Dunbar"

I looked over at her with a small nod,  "He's in some of my classes" as soon as it left my mouth her eyes lit up.

"Isn't he cute" she gushed.

"Yeah I guess, he doesn't seem like the nicest person though" I muttered, recalling the few run-ins I had had with this Liam character. 

"Wait here he comes!" she squealed looking down the hall.

I rolled my eyes and watched as he walked by, Sophia smiled at him her eyes grew wide as her gave her a small smile in return.

"Oh my god" she whispered as soon as he was past us.

I let out a small laugh, "Soph, calm down he's not some celebrity" I reminded her.

"I know you think he's cute, so don't lie to me Syd" she teased, pulling on my arm.

I lightly pulled away from her grasp, shaking my head, "Whatever, I'm going to class" I said, laughing as I walked to my homeroom.