52.

"Syd!" Stiles yelled over the sound of people's screams, "Syd we need to go." 

My eyes were full of tears as they fell on Liam, who was laying on the ground, gasping in pain after trying to take on the Beast. "We have to get him!" I cried, "We have to get Liam."

Stiles nodded as he grabbed my hand, pulling me towards Liam. The Beast was now nowhere to be seen as we approached. 

"Help me get him up." Stiles ordered. I wrapped my arm around Liam, using all my strength to lift him off of the ground.

When Liam let out a scream of pain, I let out a quiet sob, "Careful!" I yelled.

"We've got to get him into the school." Stiles announced, his voice slightly shaking. 

I nodded as we took off towards the school. Liam's body bounced around as we ran, he was too weak to hold himself up. When we reached the doors I kicked them opened, the two of us rushing towards a classroom, Liam in tow.

"Here, put him down." Stiles instructed, clearing the teacher's desk. 

I did as Stiles said, slowly lowering Liam onto the table as I watched him with worried eyes. The front of his jersey had been ripped open by claw marks, and there was blood, a lot of blood. 

"Is he okay?" I spun around to see Hayden standing behind us, tears streaming down her face.  I almost snapped at her, if it wasn't for Stiles calling my name I might of.

"We have to get his gear off." he called, pulling my attention back to him. 

"Okay." I breathed as my shaky hands began taking Liam's equipment off. Stiles ripped apart his shirt to reveal a big bloody gash in his chest.

Hayden gagged behind me as the wound was revealed.

"Why isn't he healing?" I yelled in worry.

"I'm okay! I'm fine!" Liam said, clenching his teeth in pain.

"Oh God." Stiles gagged.

"What? Is it bad?" Liam questioned, trying to sit up.

"No."

"Very." 

Stiles and I said simultaneously. I shot Stiles an angry look as I turned back to Liam, "It's going to be okay." I promised.

"What do you guys usually do when this happens?" Hayden questioned, now standing directly behind me.

"I usually pass out, still might actually." Stiles answered, swaying slightly.

"Stiles!" I snapped, snapping him out of his funk,  "Scott did this with pain. He can trigger it. Pain makes you human." I explained frantically.

"He's already in pain!" Hayden argued.

"But maybe adding a little bit more can help take away the pain." Stiles noted.

"He needs to focus." I whispered. He could only heal if he was focused.  "Liam, you need to slow your breathing." I ordered, grabbing onto his hand.

"Syd, I can't." he groaned, his face inked in pain. 

Stiles and Hayden looked at me, waiting for me to figure something out, and then it clicked. I knew a way I could calm his breathing. I grabbed Liam's face in my hands, pressing my lips to his.

"Oh." Stiles whispered from behind me.

I felt Liam relax. As I pulled away he slumped back on the table, letting out a small sigh of relief.

"Okay, next time I'll kiss him." Stiles mumbled, causing me to smack his chest.

"Look!" Liam gasped, sitting back up,  "It's working, I'm healing." I smiled as my eyes met his.

The minute Liam was healed enough, Stiles spoke again. "We need to go find Scott." he announced as he helped Liam up off the desk.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Hayden questioned, concern written on her features. 

"We don't abandon our people." I mumbled as I started towards the door, "You can stay here, we don't need you."

And then I slowly opened the door, peering out into the hall. I was met with silence, signalling it was safe to go.

"Come on." Stiles whispered. Liam and I followed closely behind him as we ran through the hall of the school.

"If I was the Beast where would I be?" Stiles wondered.

"The library!" I whispered, "Everything bad happens in the library."

"Good job!" Stiles patted my back as the three of us ran towards the library. As we pushed open the door it appeared we were just in time. The Beast was hovering over Scott. Without hesitation Liam rushed forwards, taking his werewolf form as Stiles pulled me behind one of the bookshelves. 

Liam rushed the Beast, hitting it across the face, next came the shots. Braeden and Malia came in, Braeden firing numerous shots at the Beast, Malia charging it soon after. The Beast took one last look around before fleeing through the window.

Liam and Malia rushed to help Scott up, as Braeden, Stiles and I joined them. Everyone was breathing heavily as we looked around at the damage. Kids hid behind bookshelves, no doubt witnessing the whole incident. 

"You didn't seriously think you'd have a chance against that thing did you?" Braeden panted, readjusting the grip she had on the gun. 

"No." Scott admitted truthfully. "But I got it's scent."

With that Scott and Liam turned to leave, both of them knowing what they had to do next. 

"I'm coming." I announced, moving to follow after them. 

"No you're not." Liam argued, for once it wasn't Scott.

"I am not letting you out of my sight." I replied, my eyes locked on the blood still present on his  chest.

Him and Scott shared a look, knowing they weren't going to win. "Stay behind us." Scott called as we took off down the hall.

A few minutes later we had almost been around the whole school and I was pretty sure I was about to die.

"You gotta slow down." Liam panted. Scott ignored him, instead pushing open the doors that led outside.

We continued running, making it through the parking lot and eventually coming to a stop at one of the cars. The car was black, and it was one that I was sure I'd seen before.

Scott began trying to pry the trunk open and Liam and I stood by watching. When Scott finally got it open, all three of us peered in. Scott leaning over to pick up a pair of shoes, flipping one of them over to reveal the bloodied soles we had been looking for all along. 

Scott held the shoes in his hand, slamming the trunk closed. The minute it was down, we could all clearly see that there was someone standing there watching us. 

Mason wore a confused look, "Scott?" he asked, "What are you doing to my car?"

And then it hit me, that's how I recognized the car. The car was Mason's, which could only mean one thing.

Mason was the Beast.

 OH MY GOD NOOOO!!!!

Syd and Liam are not going to like this!!!

And how about that Lidney kiss, it's been so long since that last happened.

#lidneyforever