55.

"Scott." My voice came out in a whisper. My hands, which were holding onto Mason, were trembling out of control.

"It's okay, we're going to be okay." he told me, but his eyes didn't meet mine, I could tell he was scared too.

Theo, who was still standing in front of us, looked around in horror, "They're coming, we need to go."

"We're trying!" Liam hissed, his eyes locked on Mason.

As I looked up to say something to Theo, my eyes locked on the face of a Dread Doctor. I stumbled back in fear. Liam grabbed my arm, attempting to get me back on my feet.

"They wanted us here." Theo observed, his eyes darting between the Doctors.

"Liam, try to get that thing out of his neck." Scott instructed.

"Here, Syd help me." Liam pleaded as he grabbed a hold of the tube once again. I grabbed onto Mason, my eyes locking with his.

"Just stay calm okay? We've got you." I promised.

"Sydney, I'm scared." The hurt and terror in Mason's voice almost made me breakdown in tears.

"I know," I whispered "But we're not going to let anything happen to you okay? Just hold on, alright Mason." My voice cracked as he reached up and grabbed one of my hands, clutching it in his own.

I tried to focus on Mason but was having a hard time. The Dread Doctors circled us, saying the same thing over and over again, "Theo, Theo Raeken."

"He's coming with us!" Theo yelled.

"Theo Raeken, failure."

"I-I'm not a failure." It was evident that the Doctors were getting to him.

"Theo, don't let them get inside your head!" I called, hoping to knock him out of whatever mind block he was in.

"Liam, we need to hurry." I advised, my focus back on Mason.

"Guys," Mason breathed, looking between the two of us, "you need to get out of here."

"Liam, on three, gently start pulling." I instructed, totally ignoring Mason's pleas for us to leave him. We don't leave people behind, ever.

As Liam starting pulling, Mason's grip on my hand increase, it got to the point where I was afraid I might break my other hand. His screams ripped through the air, causing my heart to break.

"Scott, I can't get it out." Liam stammered, looking up at my older brother who was now beside us again, "I don't know what to do."

Behind us, Theo was still going at it with the Dread Doctor as they continued to fire insults at him. I figured before a matter of time a full fight would break loose and someone was going to get hurt.

My earlier prediction was proven right as I heard the sound of fists connecting with the metal of the Dread Doctors masks. It didn't take more than a second for Scott and Liam to get in on the fight.

"Liam!" I screamed, willing for him to come back. Mason echoed my calls, pain dripping from his every word.

But before I knew it, his pain was replaced by something else, what to call it I''m not even sure. I stumbled back with wide eyes as Mason reached back, beginning to pull the tube out of his own neck.

"Mason, what-" I was cut off by his screams as he successfully pulled the tube from his skull.

"Transformation, transformation without frequency." One of the Dread Doctors announced, as the words left his mouth, a dust rose up around Mason.

I felt Scott pull me back as Liam called his best friend's name, "Mason!"

Mason, or what used to be Mason, looked up at us with bright blue glowing eyes, "That's not my name!" It growled as the dust consumed it.

When the dust was gone we were faced with the Beast, a loud roar escaping its lips.

A gasp came from me as Liam grabbed onto me, pulling me behind him. Meanwhile, the Beast rushed on the Dread Doctors, slashing them out of its way, taking Theo out in the process. Scott had his arms protectively wrapped around Liam and I as we all huddled close to the wall.

"Success." One of the Dread Doctors said right before the Beast sent him flying across the room.As the Beast made its way outside, the three of us followed.

"Where's it-" Before I could finish, Parrish, in the form of the Hellhound came from the trees, attacking the Beast.

Liam, Scott and I watched in awe as the two creature fought it out. Just as it looked like the Beast was winning, shots came from the other side of the forest. I whipped my head around to see Argent and Gerard emerging from the trees, a huge gun in tow.

The Beast began to flee, but not before we all watched in transform back into human form, however this time it wasn't Mason.

"La Bête du Gévaudan! I know your name." Gerard called, "Do you remember mine?"

"Argent." The man said, a thick French accent coating his voice. And then he ran, and The Hellhound followed.

"What the hell was that?" Scott asked, running up to the path so he could see where they went, Liam and I in tow.

"You've seen the Beast of Gévaudan." Gerard began, "That, was the man." 

"Sebastian Valet."