54.

"Do you really think it's a good idea to be doing this?" Liam asked as him, Scott and I walked down the halls of the school. We had found out from Corey this morning that the Dread Doctors had taken Mason. I felt nauseous every time I thought about what they could be doing to him. That's why we were now going to extreme lengths to get him back.

"We're not stupid, we're desperate." Scott argued.

"How desperate?" Liam wondered.

Scott stopped at the door to the boys locker room and turned to Liam and I, "Incredibly desperate." He then opened the door to reveal Theo and Tracy, both of them turning to look at us with devious grins on their faces.

"No." I whispered.

"Yes, now come on." Scott hissed pulling me into the room. Liam stood beside me shaking his head as Theo motioned for us to come further into the room.

"I told you we'd end up on the same side." Theo bragged a he slowly walked in circles, which I might add was making me quite dizzy.

"How about I punch you in the balls to remind you we're not." Liam mocked Theo's tone.

Theo laughed at what Liam said as he crossed his arms across his chest, "I love this kid."

"I don't." Tracy muttered.

Liam and I both turned our heads to shoot her a dirty look as Scott began to talk, "I know you're not on my side Theo. You said you wanted to help Lydia, but you left Eichen with something else, didn't you?"

"You mean the mask?" Theo clarified,  "Are you worried about that?"

"Did you put it on?" my brother questioned. 

From the silence from Theo and the sideways glance Tracy gave him, we took that as a yes, "Who did you see?" I asked, now hopeful we may be on to something.

"Not Mason." He said as if it was funny.

"What's that mean? It's not him?" Liam asked hopefully.

"It probably means he's a lost cause." Tracy informed.

I clenched my fists at my side, getting really close to snapping at her.

Theo's eyes fell on my hands, and then back up to my face, "You might want to keep an eye on your little sister, she looks angry." Theo told Scott, a smirk covering his face. "What's the matter Sydney, don't like me anymore?" he teased, "You didn't seem to have a problem with me when your lips were on mine."

I felt my face fall as both my brother and Liam looked over to me. I narrowed my eyes at Theo, seconds away from lunging at him.

"Stay away from my sister," Scott ordered before turning to Liam, nodding toward the door. Liam nodded as he placed his hands on my shoulders ushering me to the hallway.

"This is stupid!" I snapped the minute we were out of the room, "Theo is just going to screw us over."

"Sydney, we need him, don't you want Mason back?" Liam asked, furrowing his brows.

"Of course I want Mason back, what kind of question is that!?" I demanded.

We were now gaining the looks of students passing by us in the hall, "I just don't want to have to work with Theo."

"None of us do," Liam reminded,  "But it's the only option."

"He's right." Scott said as he closed the door behind him.

"What's the plan then?" I questioned with a sigh.

"We're meeting him at the observation theatre in 2 hours."