80.

The bright field lights lit up the night sky as the cool summer night nipped at my bones. I shivered underneath Liam's lacrosse sweater, anxiously tapping my foot against the bleacher. I was the only one out there watching the final lacrosse practice before school started because, really there was no reason for anyone to be here.

I was mostly here because I had nothing else to do. Stiles was gone, Malia was packing for Paris, Lydia was getting ready for school, and Scott was here as assistant coach. Liam was also supposed to be out on the field playing but I had received dozens of texts from Mason and Corey who were with him in the locker room saying he was refusing to get geared up.

When Stiles had first left, I had been the one bummed out about everyone leaving. However, as summer went on, it was Liam who was upset over the departure of our friends, so much so that he had fallen into a slump, not wanting to do anything.

Usually, I would be marching into the change room forcing Liam to get up and get out there, but today I was determined to let the boys figure it out on their own-well that and the fact that I was too cold to move.

As practice dragged on and there was still no sign of Liam I became slightly worried. I watched as Diaz showed up every player on the team, pulling tricks left and right. It was only when I received a text from Scott in a group chat with him, Liam, Mason and I that I was about to make my way into the locker room and drag my boyfriend out to the field. The text had read that coach was planning on making Diaz captain if Liam didn't get out there.

I was on my feet, ready to charge into the school when I saw Liam sprinting out to the field. A satisfied smile spread onto my face as I sat back down, watching as he rushed into the play, stopping one of Diaz's shots before beginning to carry the ball down the field.

My smiled faded when someone cut Liam off, sending him flying towards the ground. He fell hard, but I was sure that he was okay. My surety faded however, when Scott looked over to me with wide eyes before blowing on the whistle and running out to the field, "Sydney get over here!" he hollered, waving me over as he rushed to Liam.

I stood up, running past Mason and Corey who were standing by the bench. My heart was beating out of my chest as I ran towards Liam.

"Hey!" Coach yelled at me as I ran, "Mini McCall, what are you doing?"

I ignored him, coming to a screeching halt in front of Liam and Scott, "What's going on?" I panted, trying to catch my breath as I knelt beside them.

Liam looked up at me, wordlessly answering my question. His eyes were glowing, his breathing heavy. "Liam," I whispered, tuning out Coach who was yelling at Scott, reprimanding him for interrupting the play.

"Breathe." I soothed, pulling off his glove, allowing him to place his hand in mine, to feel the steadiness of my heartbeat, "Calm down, you're okay."

Liam's breathing slowed as he wrapped his hand around mine. I smiled at him and he smiled back at me. My smile soon turned to a frown when Scott quickly pulled me up from the ground before doing the same with Liam.

I looked to him in confusion, my eyes then falling to the rest of the players who were staring at something. I followed their gazes, letting out a small gasp as I saw what it was that had everyone so distracted.

Standing only a few feet away from us was a wolf. Liam seemed to notice it too as he stepped in front of me. I peered around him, keeping my eyes trained on the wolf who just stared back at all of us. The scruff of its neck was covered in blood, as were its teeth that were visible as it snarled at us.

I felt my heart pound in my chest as I grasped onto Liam's arm, inwardly freaking out as the animal walked towards the group.

Scott turned to look at the group, "Everyone back." he ordered.

Everyone did as he said, taking a few steps backwards. I did the same, joining the rest of the boys very well knowing I was no help to Scott.

Everyone had moved back with the exception of Scott, Liam and Nolan Holloway, a quiet sophomore who was new to the team. Nolan stood frozen in place, his eyes locked on the wolf.

Scott stepped forward, pulling Nolan towards the rest of us, "Hey, Nolan, stay back buddy okay?"

Nolan was still wide eyed and frozen as Scott pulled him back. I reached out, taking him from Scott's grasp and pulling him to stand beside me. "It's okay." I promised, trying to calm him down.

We all watched as the wolf stared back at us for a moment before turning and leaving, making its way off the field and towards the woods.

Scott and Liam shared a look before turning to look at me, nodding towards the forest. I internally groaned, not really up for a deep forest excursion late at night but knew I didn't really have much of a choice.

As I took a few steps forward to follow after the boys, a hand reached out and grabbed my arm. "Where are you going?" Nolan asked, his face covered in fear.

I gave him a warm smile, "We're just checking to make sure it's gone."

Nolan's eyes flickered to Scott and Liam who were now stopped, watching the exchanged between Nolan and I. "Isn't that dangerous?" he continued.

I shrugged, "We'll be okay."

Nolan didn't look convinced but still released my arm, allowing me to catch up to my brother and Liam. Once I reached them, Liam turned to me with curious eyes, "What did Nolan want?"

I stole a glance back at the group of players who were still watching us, "Wanted to know if we would be safe out there."

Liam nodded, "What did you tell him."

I smiled at my boyfriend, "I told him we would be fine, because we always are."

a/n:

yay first ep of season 6b is started! i know this didn't have much content but there were some cute lidney moments and also the introduction of nolan!

let me know what you guys thought!

please, please comment if you enjoyed, I love your comments so much! and if you dont wanna comment then leave a vote for me please, that helps too!

I love you guys so much

-maddy xoxox