84.

"What now?" I asked, looking between Mason and Liam. 

Mason shrugged, looking down at the bag containing the dead rat that was currently held in his right hand, "We wait until your mom isn't busy."

I shook my head, glancing back toward my mother to make sure she wasn't watching us, "She's an ER nurse in the middle of a 10 car pileup...she'll never not be busy."

Liam let out a sigh, "I guess we leave then...try to figure this out on our own?"

Nodding, I began turning toward the exit, "Guess so." I muttered, knowing the only thing I wanted to do right now was go home and sleep. But I didn't really get that option. 

The boys and I were just about ready to leave when a commotion broke out behind us, causing all of us to halt in our tracks. 

I spun around, as did Liam and Mason, to see two men, who presumably had been in the accident, in some kind of altercation. "Back off!" one of the men yelled as he shoved the other into a gurney. 

I took a small step back, my eyes wide as the my mom called for security, one of the men now threatening to charge the other with assault. 

Before I even had time to react, Liam was making his way in between the two men, putting his hands out to try and diffuse the situation, "Sir," he warned to the man that had just pushed the other, "You need to calm down."

The man did not react kindly to that, as within a matter of seconds he had driven his fist into Liam's face. I let out gasp as Liam stumbled backward slightly, his hand flying to cover his face. 

My mom's worried eyes met mine as before we knew it, Liam was transforming right in front of us- in front of everyone. His eyes began to glow that golden colour, and his teeth now barred fangs. 

My heart dropped as I watched Liam struggle to calm himself down, I had to do something. 

Mason had the same thought, as both of us began to move to Liam at the same time. The man that had hit Liam along with a few others were staring at him in disbelief. My mom looked equally as worried as Mason and I did, as she attempted to reach Liam from the other side of the crowd. 

Steps away from reaching him, we were intercepted by security who latched onto the two men, beginning to pull them away. In all this fuss, Mason and I were cut off from reaching Liam. 

"Hey!" I grunted, trying to push past the security but to no avail. I pushed myself up on my toes, trying to catch sight of Liam again. "Liam!" I called, hoping he could find my voice. 

But he was already gone. As the crowd cleared, I could see Liam sprinting down the hall, trying to find somewhere to calm himself down. 

My mom arrived at my side and I looked over to her in panic, "I'll go after him" I announced, looking between her and Mason. 

Mason nodded, "I'll meet you guys at the car."

"I'll text you!" I called as I took off down the hall, pushing through the crowds of people in search of my boyfriend. 

I sped up my pace as I got further down the hall, desperate to find Liam and ensure he was okay.

"Excuse me!" I yelled, trying to get past the numerous people that were littering the hall as a result of the packed ER.

I let out a small curse as I reached the end of the hallway with no sight of Liam. He must have taken the elevator to another floor. 

Although there was no Liam, there was a man who looked oddly out of place. He was tall, with buzzed hair and angry eyes. He stood in front of the elevator, almost leaning against it. However, he soon turned and his eyes landed on me. I felt a shiver run through my body as he began toward me, his eyes locked on me the entire time.