68.

Liam stood frozen in the same spot he had been for the better part of the last hour

Liam stood frozen in the same spot he had been for the better part of the last hour. Sydney was gone. The person he loved most in this world had disappeared right before his eyes.

After Sydney had been taken the Ghost Riders had tried to take Gwen but Parrish arrived, saving the day, saving Gwen. He was too late to save Sydney.

Liam hated to admit it but he wished it had been Gwen instead of Sydney. If his girlfriend was here he knew she'd give him trouble for even thinking that. But that's the thing, she wasn't here.

"Liam?" Mason was softly calling his name, but Liam didn't budge, he couldn't.

Gwen had left, Parrish had taken her home which left only Mason, Corey and Liam. He watched from the corner of his eye as Mason and Corey exchanged looks.

"You remember her right?" Liam's voice was quiet and it cracked when he spoke, he was trying to hold back the tears.

"Yeah," Mason assured, placing his hand on his best friend's shoulder, "We remember her."

Liam wasn't quite positive as to why the three of them could remember Sydney. She was supposed to be erased. 

"Why didn't we forget?"

"Because, "Mason began, "We saw the Ghost Rider who took her."

Liam gave a small nod as he moved for the first time since Sydney had been taken, he sat down on the couch that was now in its normal spot, not where it had been moved for the party. The Ghost Riders had fixed everything in the house so that there was no trace of them left, everything that had been broken was repaired. Liam knew that that meant that if he went upstairs Sydney's room would be gone. All that would be across the hall from Scott's bedroom would be a wall.

Scott. He didn't know about Sydney, he didn't know she was gone, neither did Melissa.

"Come on Liam, we should go." Mason suggested from behind him.

Liam shook his head as he stared down at his hands. He should have protected her, he failed and now he had to look Scott in the face and tell him his sister was gone.

"I'm staying." Liam announced, "I need to tell Scott."

He heard Mason and Corey mumbled something to each other before they were gone, each of them giving Liam a reassuring pat on the back.

It wasn't too long before the front door opened and Scott walked in, his bike helmet in hand. When he saw Liam he smiled, "Hey Liam, what are you doing here?"

Liam stood from his spot on the couch, wiping his sweaty hands on his jeans, "I need to talk to you."

Scott walked further into the living room, nodding for Liam to continue, "Okay, what is it?"

"She's gone Scott." Liam whispered, a pain shooting through his heart, this was harder than he expected.

Scott looked confused as he stared at Liam, "Who's gone?"

"Sydney." 

The confused look on Scott's face didn't cease and Liam's heart dropped, Scott didn't remember her. His little sister was already erased from his life.

Scott shook his head slowly, "Sydney who?"

Liam stared at Scott for a moment, hoping for Scott to suddenly remember or tell Liam that he was just joking, that he did remember his sister. But that didn't happen.

"Your sister, Scott."

Scott let out a nervous laugh, "Liam, I don't have a sister."

Liam knew Scott wasn't joking, he truly didn't remember Sydney. He had half expected this to happen but deep down he hoped that Scott would know who she was. He didn't know what to do, how could he get Scott to remember, he still hadn't remembered Stiles, the boy Sydney had claimed to be Scott's best friend.

As Liam lifted his arm to run his hands over his face, something caught his eye. A bracelet was around his wrist, Sydney's bracelet. She had given it to him a few nights earlier and asked him to keep it on to help him remember. 

He pulled the bracelet from his wrist and held it in front of Scott, "This was hers, this was Sydney's. You gave it to her for her 13th birthday, she wore it every day Scott, she loved it."

Scott stared blankly at the bracelet, "i'm sorry Liam, I just don't remember okay? I want to, but I can't."

Both of them knew that wasn't the full truth. Scott felt as if something was missing, rather someone. He knew there should have been someone else in the house that night when he went to sleep. He knew in the morning that when he woke up there should have been someone, other than his mother, in the kitchen pouring themselves cereal. Deep down he knew that, but he still couldn't remember her.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said, and then he turned and walked up to his bedroom, leaving Liam alone downstairs, with only memories and a bracelet to remember Sydney.

:((((