105.

Years had passed since our encounter with the Anuk-Ite, and while a lot changed since then, a lot also stayed the same

Liam and I had gone off to college, both of us at UCLA. We had even managed to get an apartment together after our freshmen year. We came home to visit our parents as often as possible, because no matter what, Beacon Hills was home.

I wish I could say life was normal, but it wasn't and I knew it never would be. If I'm being honest, I didn't want normal, not right now at least. There were always going to be threats to my brother, my boyfriend and our friends, it was just a matter of how we handled them.

Monroe posed the biggest threat, having amassed thousands of followers into her fight against the supernatural. And although that threat was always looming overhead, we were dealing with it, like we always did.

"Liam!" I called, throwing on my jacket as I rushed through the apartment, flipping off all the lights he had left on. "Malia's on her way!"

"Okay!" his voice came from the bedroom, and it was likely he was playing video games online with Mason. "I'm coming!"

Not minutes later, Malia's car pulled into the parking lot. I glanced out into the rainy night before throwing open the door, "Let's go!" I yelled again, turning back into the apartment.

Liam came flying around the corner, a sheepish smile on his face. "I'm ready." he breathed, following me out the door.

As we slipped into Malia's car, she turned to smile at us. "Hey, kiddos." she greeted, putting the car into drive.

I grinned at her, reaching to do up my seatbelt. "Missed you." I announced.

Malia let out a laugh, "You saw me like a month ago" she pointed out as she pulled back onto the road.

Liam leaned forward from his spot in the back seat, "A month is a long time."

I nodded, raising my brows. "Yeah, Liam should know. It takes him that long to finally put away his clean laundry."

Liam glared at me as Malia stifled a laugh, looking between the two of us. "I don't know how you haven't killed him yet, Syd."

"Hey!" Liam argued, his face morphing into a pout as he slumped against the back seat.

I glanced back at him, an amused look on my face. "I've been close." I laughed, sending Liam a quick wink.

He rolled his eyes, trying to maintain his angry demeanour. However, after a few seconds a smile overtook his face as he shook his head.

I turned back to the front, looking over to Malia. "Did my brother say what this is all about?" I questioned.

When Scott had called me earlier this evening and asked for Liam and I to meet up with the rest of the pack, he hadn't provided me with many details. I had agreed instantly, deciding any opportunity to see everyone was one that could not be turned down.