35.

I sat in the passenger side of Stiles' Jeep. We had discovered that Tracy was what they called a chimera, meaning she was an individual with two sets of DNA. And according to Deaton, the hole that Liam had fallen into a few nights ago, along with another that Liam, Brett and Mason had just discovered were essentially incubation chambers for these chimeras. So considering there were two discovered holes, it meant there was at least one other chimera in Beacons Hills. 

Therefore, Stiles, Malia and I had been reading up on chimeras in the school library until late into the evening. Stiles had offered to give me a ride home, but as per usual, the Jeep wouldn't start, so here I was, waiting in the car as he attempted to fix the problem. My eyes were glued to my phone, as numerous texts came in from Mason, claiming something had happened at the club where he an Liam had gone. I was typing my response when a blood curdling scream ripped through the air.

My head shot up from my phone to see that it was Stiles who had made the noise, and he wasn't alone. 

"Stiles!" I screamed, throwing open the door and jumping out, worry coursing through my veins. 

Beside Stiles was none other than Donovan. I stumbled backwards as I noticed what had made Stiles scream in pain, a disturbing set of teeth were emerging out of Donovan's hand.

Donovan looked to me, a sinister smile coming to his face as he noticed my terror, "Hey, Sydney." he grinned.

"Sydney, run!" Stiles screamed before turning and shoving Donovan back, the two breaking into a fight.  

It took me a second to register what he said, but once I did I took off running towards the school. My legs were already burning by the time I reach the front door. I struggled for breath as fear crept upon me. I looked back, just as Stiles reached my side, a sigh of relief flew from my lips as he stopped beside me for a moment, catching his breath.

"We have to run." he whispered, his bloody hand, wrapping around my shaking arm.

I nodded as he began to run, pulling me along behind him. After a minute or so of running down the halls of our school, he stopped outside the library, immediately finding that the doors we locked.

"Card, we need a card." I said between breaths.

He quickly caught on, fumbling around in his pockets for his student ID card. The doors unlocked after Stiles swiped the card, allowing the two of us to run in as we both attempting to slow our breathing.

He grabbed my hand pulling me over to another door. "You need to hide in here, don't come out no matter what." he ordered, shoving me into the storage room.

"Stiles!" I cried, trying to follow him out,  "What- why? What about you?" I questioned, my voice cracking in fear. "Stiles don't leave." I pleaded.

"Just don't open that door." he said sternly before closing the door, leaving me in total darkness. I stumbled back until I hit the back wall, tears filling my eyes.

A small whimper escaped from my lips as the doors to the library opened. I clamped my hand over my mouth in attempts to stay quiet.

The vibrating of a phone caused my eyes to grow wide. I scrambled to feel for it in my pocket before quickly realizing that it wasn't mine, I had left it in the car.

"You dropped your phone!" Donovan's voice echoed through the room. "It's Malia, should I text her back?"

He paused for a moment before speaking again, "You don't really know who I am, do you Stiles? Maybe you, uh, heard about my father? Your dad tell you about him?" he questioned, "Did Sheriff Stilinski tell you about the time he was still deputy and his partner got shot in a shoot out? Did he tell you that a bullet shot in my dad's T-9 vertebra, went right through his spinal cord. You know what that means? It means everything below his waist is useless. And not just his legs. I bet he told you some of it."

I toned out Donovan's voice, squeezing my eyes shut, hoping the whole thing would be over. My hands shook vigorously at my sides.

I resisted to barge out of the closest as Donovan began to throw insults at both Stiles and his father. I knew Stiles was about to break, and it took everything in me to do what he said and stay in the closest.

A loud bang caused me to jump, as a commotion began outside. Stiles must have revealed himself, and the two boys were no doubt battling. I glanced at the door knob, resisting the urge to open the door.

For a moment everything went quiet, before a scream tore through Donovan's throat. "I know she's in here Stiles!" he taunted, I could still hear Stiles screams, he was still struggling. "The girl who was with you at the station, Sydney. Nice girl," he yelled, "Even came to see me yesterday."

"Donovan you don't need to do this!" Stiles yelled, he voice breaking.

"After I kill you, I'm going to kill her, and then your father." Donovan roared.

More tears spilled down my face as another loud bang shook the room. And then silence.

I stayed put for a few moments before I decided it was okay to open the door. If I was lucky it would be Stiles on the other side, not Donovan.

The door creaked as I pushed it open, I slowly stepped out into the open, my legs becoming weak as I looked at scene.

Stiles was standing beside Donovan, who had a large piece of metal pierced through his chest. A scaffolding that had been set up by the crew that was renovating the library had been what mad the noise.

Stiles looked over to me with wide eyes. "Go to the car." he whispered.

"No." I argued, taking a step toward him.

"Sydney get out of here!" he yelled, causing me to flinch. Stiles had never yelled at me like that in our entire lives.

"Stiles, what are you going to do?" I demanded.

"Just go, I'll be there soon."

I reluctantly obliged, turning on my heel and exiting the library. By the time I had made it to the back to the Jeep, tears were falling so quickly, I didn't even bother wiping them away. I slowly pulled open the passenger door, and got inside, slumping into the seat as I tried to stop the tears.

After moments of me sitting in eerie silence, a buzz went off beside me. I jumped slightly before cluing in that it was my phone. I reached beside me to pick it up, at least 10 texts from Scott filled my lock screen.

"Don't." Stiles' voice ordered. I looked out the front window in confusion. Stiles remained silent as he got in the drivers seat. "Don't tell Scott."

I looked over to him with wide eyes, "What do you mean?" I questioned, my voice shaky .

"I mean don't tell him anything. I don't want him to know."

"Know what?"

"That I killed Donovan."

I sighed, running my hands over my face. "Stiles if you didn't kill him, he would have killed us, and your father. Scott will understand."

Stiles shook his head as he started the Jeep, "Just don't tell him Sydney."

Uh oh looks like Stiles and Sydney are in some trouble!! ;)

don't forget to vote/ comment / follow

I absolutely LOVE it when you guys comment, you have no idea, it really makes my day :)

ily guys

-maddyxoxox