38.

I looked around the empty living room. The only sound that could be heard was the eerie ticking of the over head clock. My eyes travelled to the mirror that hung on the wall, a little girl look back at me, her big brown eyes filled with curiosity. A mop of brown curls cascaded down her shoulders. I soon realized I was this little girl.

Seven year old me jumped as the front door swung open with a loud bang. Loud footsteps pounded against the floor, as the person came closer to the living room.

"There's daddy's little girl." The voice was slurred, a the figured stumbled into the room.

It was my father.

He walked closer to the younger version of me, tightly wrapping his arms around my petite figure. The stench of alcohol burned my nostrils as he pulled me closer to him.

"Daddy stop, you're hurting me."

And then something clicked, I realized this wasn't a dream. It was a memory.

My father pulled away, and suddenly he wasn't my father, but instead one of the Dread Doctors.

A scream tore through my throat as terrifying clicking noise came from the creatures mouth.  I stumbled backwards as it got closer and closer, before I had a chance to do anything else, the thing was right in front of me, it's hand reaching towards me.

"Wake her up!" It was Scott's voice now. "Theo, wake her up! Do it now-"

I shot up off the couch with a scream, my chest rapidly rising and falling as I tried to catch my breath. I looked over to Theo who was watching me with wide eyes, apparently I had fallen asleep on him at some point. 

"Sydney, what's wrong?" Scott asked, his eyes filled with worry, as were everyone else's in the room. He moved toward me, stopping so he could crouch in front of me. He rested a hand on my shoulder, forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"You were screaming." Stiles announced, ruining any chance I had of lying and telling them I was fine.

"I had a nightmare." I explained, finally starting to catch my breath.

"What kind of nightmare?" Lydia asked slowly, almost as if she was afraid of my answer. 

I let out a sigh as I looked down at my hands, "It was a memory."

Scott's hand slowly fell from where it was resting on my shoulder. "Okay, that's enough for tonight." he announced standing up, everyone else followed suit, all of them giving me worried looks as they collected their stuff.

"Call me if you need me Syd." Lydia said softly as she followed the rest of the group out the door.

I nodded as I gave her a thankful smile. Scott followed them to the door, bidding farewell to everyone, however one stayed behind. Theo watched me with curious eyes as sat on the couch, I looked up, catching his gaze, "What?" I questioned, immediately self conscious.

He shook his head, "Just wanted to make sure you're okay." he answered, quickly looking over his shoulder as the rest of the group left. 

I gave him a warm smile, pushing myself to my meet. "It was just a dream." I promised, trying to convince both he and myself. 

Theo nodded, giving me a final glance before making his way toward the front door. He said a few words to Scott before making his leave. As I went to climb the stairs, Scott gave me an amused look.

"Stop looking at me like that." I demanded, giving him a confused look.

Scott wore a teasing smile, "So you and Theo?"