30.

Ah, the first day of school. The single worst day a teenager has to experience.

"So what's your homeroom again?" Sophia asked as we pushed open the doors that led into the main hall.

"History with Mr. Yukimura." I answered while searching for my new locker.

"What do you have?" I mutter as I successfully found it.

"Art with Mrs. Newall."

I nodded to show her I was listening. Someone came up beside us and Sophia's eyes grew wide. "I'll see you at lunch Syd!" she called as she stalked off down the hall.

"Soph what-" I trailed off as I turned to look at my new locker neighbour. Liam.

"You have got to be kidding me." I mumbled. Liam looked over to me, sending me a scowl before he looked back to his locker. 

"Hey Syd," Mason greeted, coming to stand beside me,  "I was just showing Liam this and thought I should ask you." he announced,  seeming oblivious to the tension between Liam and I.

He held up an old looking book, "I got this from some guy in Germany, it was like 200 bucks." He explained tilting it so I could see the picture. "Have you ever seen one of these before?" he questioned, showing me a picture of a Berserker.

I stole a glance at Liam, before shaking my head. "Don't think so." I lied, fully knowing that Liam had not told Mason the truth yet,  "We should get to class." I announced, trying to change the subject. The boys agreed and the 3 of us entered the classroom.

"Everyone take your seats please!" Mr. Yukimura yelled from the front of the room.

I took a seat in front of Mason, as Liam stood beside a desk his wide eyes staring at a girl I hadn't seen before.

"Oh great." he grumbled. Mason and I stared at him confused.

Liam looked around desperately for another seat, when he wasn't successful in finding one he turned to me. "Sydney, switch seats with me." he demanded,  urgency in his voice.

I scrunched up my face as I turned to look at him, "What? No." I shot back.

"Liam!" Mr Yukimura called "You aren't going to stand there all day are you?"

Liam looked as if he was thinking, before he nodded his head, "Uh yeah maybe."

"The whole semester?"

"Maybe." Liam admitted.

Mr. Yukimura let out a small sigh, turning back to the board, "Liam, have a seat."

Liam looked defeated as he set his stuff down taking a seat between Mason and the new girl.

After being seated for a few moments Liam began to shift uncomfortably in his seat. I looked back to see him make a disgusted face at the gum-once in the girl's mouth, but now stuck to his ass. I stared at the girl in shock as Mason let out a small laugh. This was going to be a long class.

And the excitement didn't stop coming. About half way through the class the guy who was seated beside me turned around to face Liam. "Hey man, do you have a pencil I can borrow?"

Liam furrowed his brows. "You didn't bring a pencil on the first day?"

The boy shrugged, "Mine just broke and I forgot-"

"-Here." I whispered, handing him one of my extra ones to avoid Liam giving him any more slack. 

He looked over to me with a smile. "Thanks." he whispered, taking the pencil from my hand,