81.

"Do you think it's a wolf wolf or a..." Liam trailed off as the 3 of us made our way through the forest in search of any sign of the wolf.

Scott looked over at Liam, "I think it's just a wolf."

I kicked at a stray stick, "What do you think it was doing on the field."

Scott opened his mouth to answer but quickly closed it when his eyes fell on something on the ground. Liam and I followed his gaze, both of our eyes growing wide. On the ground was a dead wolf, it was different than the one that had been on the field, bigger.

I let out a small whine at the sight of the dead animal. If there was one thing I hated it was animals getting hurt.

My sorrow soon turned to absolute fear when little black specks began pouring from the wolves eyes and mouth. I quickly realized that the little black specks were spiders. This sent me into full panic mode, letting out a shriek as I all but climbed onto my brother's back, being sure the spiders couldn't reach me.

Scott tried to shake me off, "Sydney get off of me ."

I clutched on tighter, "No way, not with those things crawling around."

Scott groaned, "Syd grow up."

I scoffed, "Grow up? Scott, these are hundreds of spiders we are talking about. I know you're all macho alpha and stuff but-"

"Guys." Liam interjected, cutting our sibling banter short. He raised his hand to point deeper in the forest.

I followed where he was pointing only to see dozens of dead wolves littering the forest floor. "Oh God." I whispered, finally letting go of Scott, allowing myself to drop to the ground.

All 3 of us just stared in shock, not really knowing what to say. I didn't know what happened, I really had no clue. I was hoping the wolves had died from some spreadable disease that ripped through their pack. In reality, I knew that wasn't the truth and that unfortunately, it looked like we had something bigger on our hands.

---

"What the hell is going on?" I mumbled as Liam and I made our way back to the school. Scott had left right after we found the wolves, telling us he would meet us back at the house.

Liam shook his head as he ran a hand through his hair, "I don't know, but we should call Lydia and Malia."

I let out a sad sigh, "Malia leaves for Paris in a few hours and Lydia has to leave for school, she's already put it off long enough."

Liam pulled out his phone anyways, "Well it won't hurt to try."

As we entered the school, I tuned out Liam's voice as he spoke to Lydia, my eyes scanning the empty halls. They stopped when a figure came into view. He was at the far end of the school, too far to hear us, but close enough to see us. It was Nolan.

The minute our eyes met, I could almost sense the fear that was hidden deep within him-the kid was terrified.

"Just meet us at Scott's in an hour." Liam's voice pulled my eyes away from Nolan. "Lydia is going to try to get Malia to come." he announced as he shoved his phone into his pocket.

I nodded as I looked back down the hall, only to find it was empty, "Great." I muttered absentmindedly.

Liam could sense that something was distracting me, and so he placed his fingers under my chin and turned my face towards him, "You okay?"