25.

"He's not going to let us come." I announced, my fingers absentmindedly playing with the centrepiece that sat in the middle of our dining room table. 

 I had been informed that my brother had been taken to Mexico by none other than Kate Argent, and in order to ensure his survival, that's where we needed to go too.

That's exactly why Liam and I sat at the dining room table, awaiting Stiles and Malia who were upstairs trying to find something with Scott's scent on it.

"We need as many people as we can get." Liam answered, nervously biting his nails. 

"Okay, let me rephrase that," I sighed, "He's not going to let me come."

Liam turned to me, giving me a small shrug, "Well maybe he's right."

My head shot toward him, an incredulous look covering my face. "You're kidding right?" I demanded,  "You expect me to stay home while you guys go to Mexico to rescue my brother? I mean Stiles is going, so why can't I?" 

He let out a small sigh, "Syd, you were shot barely a month ago. And," he added "Who knows what we're even walking into."

"Oh give it up," I muttered, sending him a scowl,  "That was so long ago. I'm totally fine." I groaned.

The thumps of footsteps on the stairs caused us both to stand up and end our little argument. At the sight of us, Stiles let out a groan,  Liam go home." he ordered,  "And Syd, go to your room or something, you're not coming." he announced as he and Malia entered the dining room. 

I shot Liam the 'I told you so look" as he turned to Stiles, "Why not!?" he demanded, watching as Stiles and Malia walked past us.

"Cause It's a full moon," Stiles explained,  "And I don't feel like driving all the way to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out." 

"Can't you just chain me down or something?" Liam wondered. "Chain me down to the back seat or something?" he suggested.

"You tore through the last chains. Remember?" Malia pointed out.

"She's got a point." I murmured.

"Yeah, we'd have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there." Stiles added.

"Okay, well then where do we get .carbonite?" Liam asked in confusion

Stiles groaned. "You haven't seen it either?" he scolded turning to the door.

"Wait!" Liam called leaving my side so he was in front of Stiles. "What if we put me in the trunk?" he suggested.

"You'd get out of that too." Malia announced, instantly crushing his idea.

"Liam, you've been a werewolf for all of 5 minutes, you don't have to do this." Stiles sighed, turning to look at the younger boy. 

"I know I don't, but I want to." Liam confirmed.

"There's got to be bigger chains, a bigger trunk something there has to be!" Liam claimed.

"Maybe there is." Stiles mumbled, finally giving in as an idea seemed to come to him.

A smile spread onto Liam's face just as Malia ushered everyone toward the door, "Don't want to rush you guys or anything but we need to go."

Stiles nodded and pulled open the door, the three of us following behind him. The minute he realized I was following, he spun around and looked at me. "Okay what the hell are you doing?" he questioned.

"I'm coming," I answered as though it were obvious as I went to open the Jeep door.

"Uh, no you're not." Stiles shot back before closing the door.