90.

I burst through the front door in anger, slamming it behind me as I let out a frustrated groan. What had happened today at school had shaken me to my core. Liam was okay, he was healing, but that didn't make any of this any less hard.

The emotional toll it took on him was severe, and I knew that. He had just been beaten while his classmates, and teacher, watched on. Before I had left to come home, Liam had basically confessed that he let them beat him, thinking he deserved it because of what had happened to Brett and Lori.

My heart absolutely broke at his words. And while he acknowledged the fact that it was Monroe who had ultimately killed our friends, he still blamed himself.

Through my blind rage, I hadn't noticed the voices coming from the kitchen at first. I recognized my brother, Malia, and Lydia, but there appeared to be another voice.

I dropped my bag, making my way into the kitchen to see what was happening. As I arrived, I noticed a girl sitting on one of the dining room tables, her head coated in blood.

I looked to my brother with my brows furrowed, "What's going on?" I questioned.

Scott nodded to the girl, "This is Quinn." he explained, "She's a werewolf."

I turned to the girl, giving her a small smile, "I'm Sydney." I greetd.

Quinn returned the smile, before she noticed my fixation on the wounds on her head. "I was attacked." she explained.

"By who?" I questioned, leaning up against the counter.

She let out a shaky sigh, "A Deputy."

My face fell as I looked to my brother in shock. It was one thing when it was the school's guidance counsellor, but now the law enforcement?

"They've got everyone." My brother announced, letting out a shaky sigh.

I nodded, my eyes falling to the ground for a moment. "They attacked Liam at school today." I admitted, my voice breaking at the memory.

"What?" Malia questioned, disbelief in her voice.

I looked up at them, my eyes stinging with tears. "Two kids from the lacrosse team," I explained, "They took him into an empty classroom and beat him to a pulp while everyone looked on. Even Mrs. Finch didn't stop it." my voice was shaky as I spoke.

Lydia shook her head, sadness written in her features, "Why would they do that?"

"They wanted him to shift." I answered, anger overcoming me once again, "They would have kept going if Coach didn't stop them."

Scott looked like he was going to kill someone as he spoke, he was furious. "Is Liam okay?"

I nodded, looking over to the clock, "I'm going to go over soon." I explained.

My brother nodded, glancing over to Quinn. "We're going to deal with all of this tomorrow." he confirmed, "We'll go to the station, figure out which deputy did this to Quinn, okay?" When we all nodded, he looked back at me, "Stay with Liam tonight." he advised.

I nodded, bidding a quick farewell to the girls before rushing up to my room to back a bag. I couldn't help but feel nauseous as I thought about what was coming...I knew it wasn't going to be good.

---

I pushed open the door to Liam's room, a box of pizza and an overnight bag in my hands. At the sound of my arrival, he looked up from his video game, sending me a grin. "Hey, Syd." he greeted.

"Got the pizza!" I announced, moving to set down on his bed.

Liam paused his game, pushing himself to his feet. His eyes caught the bag in my hand and he let out a sigh, "Syd, you don't have to stay overnight." he promised.