89.

"He says he's not coming

"He says he's not coming." I sighed, looking up from my phone to face my brother.

I knew the reason Liam didn't want to go to school, or leave his house for that matter, was because of what happened last night. Dozens of people had seen him in werewolf form, and it obviously caused people to begin mumbling. Stuff spread fast.

To make matters worse, Mason had informed us that Nolan had all but attacked Corey last night at the school, revealing his supernatural abilities to everyone in the library. I knew this wasn't good. When people were scared, they did irrational things.

So, I understood why Liam wanted to stay home, but I also knew that hiding from the world would only make things worse.

Scott looked toward me at the sound of my voice, looking away from where he'd been staring at Liam's house. "Stay here." he ordered, undoing his seatbelt.

I nodded, pressing my head back against the seat, "Tell him to hurry up!" I called after my brother as he made for the front door. "We're going to be late!"

Once Scott had disappeared into the house, I looked back down at my phone. Sadness, and anger alike, filled my body as I read through what people were saying on social media-one of the most toxic places ever. They weren't dropping any names, but I knew exactly who they were referring to.

I resisted the urge to comment something, letting out an angry sigh as I turned off my phone, shoving it into my pocket.

I wanted to protect Liam against what people were saying, but I truly didn't know how I could. People would always talk, it was just a matter of whether you listened or not.

I sat in the front of the Jeep for the next ten minutes, trying to figure out how I would handle any judgement passed Liam's way at school. I was only interrupted from my thoughts when doors opened, Liam and Scott both getting in.

I turned to give my boyfriend a warm smile, "It's going to be okay." I promised.

He nodded, doing up his seatbelt before looking at me. "I'm going to be Clark Kent."

---

Liam gripped on tighter to my hand as I reached to pull the front doors open. I gave him a small smile, "I'm right here." I promised.

He let out a low sigh, nodding as he stepped into the school. The minute his feet were passed the threshold, he was scanning the halls, looking for any sign of judgement. But not one student that passed even gave him a second look.

"Okay," Mason breathed, approaching us from down the hall, "Nothing so far. Maybe this won't be as bad as we thought."

Liam nodded, still not releasing his grip on my hand, "Maybe." he mumbled.