72.

I was still in shock over Peter making it through the portal that I barely heard Stiles calling my name.

"Syd!" He called, waving his hand in front of my face.

"What?" I asked, turning away from the portal to look over at him.

"Let's get back to the control room, we don't know when they'll be back again." he suggested, his eyes briefly looking over to the portal where the Ghost Riders and Peter had exited from just minutes ago.

"Good idea." I agreed, looking once more at the portal before following Stiles back to the main station.

When the two of us walked back into the crowded station it was just as it had been when we had left. Everyone was sitting down, staring blankly ahead, waiting for a train that was never going to come. Well, that was everyone except for two.

"Sydney!" Gwen was running towards me, her sister Phoebe in tow. As soon as she reached me she had her arms wrapped tightly around me, "I'm so glad you're okay."

I was slightly taken aback by her actions but nonetheless wrapped my arms around her. I quickly looked over at Stiles, giving him a nod to let him know that I would join him in a bit. He gave us 3 girls a smile before heading towards the control room.

"Phebes, this is Sydney. She helped me after you were taken and those things got her when she was trying to protect me."

"Well, I wouldn't really say that." I felt kind of bad that Gwen had this idea that I had sacrificed myself for her, in reality it turned out I was just really unlucky. Not to say that I wouldn't have given myself up for her if I had of had the chance. I would have-probably.

"You were seriously awesome that night, and Liam-"

At the mention of Liam's name I felt myself perk up, my heart rate increasing, Gwen noticed and gave me a warm smile, "He remembers you, Sydney."

I felt like I was going to cry the minute those words left her mouth, "He does?" I asked, trying to hold back the tears that were screaming to flood out of my eyes.

Gwen nodded with a grin, "He hasn't stop trying to find you, and you're all he talks about. Mason remembers too, and Corey. Everyone who was there that night didn't forget."

My happiness about Liam's ability to remember me soon started to fade when I thought about Scott, "My brother...does he remember me?" I was hesitant in asking the question, fearful of the answer.

Gwen let out a sad sigh as she shook her head. "Not yet." she admitted.

I nodded sadly, "It's okay" I said taking a deep breath, "we're going to get out of here soon."

Phoebe and Gwen shared a look, "How?" Gwen asked skeptically.

"Stiles and I are working on it. Speaking of, I should go help him." I explained, noticing the doubt present on both of the girls faces.

"Um okay, good luck then!" Gwen called as I jogged off towards where Stiles was.

---

I let out a large sigh as I entered the control room, "Any luck?" I asked Stiles, taking a seat beside him.

He looked up from the wires he was working on and slightly shook his head, "Not really. I'm going to keep trying." he explained, picking up the speaker and pressing down the button.

"Hello, hello, can anybody hear me?" he released the button, waiting for a reply that was probably never going to come.

When nothing came through from the other side I felt my shoulders slumped, my head dropped into my hands as I shook my head, "What are-"

I was cut off by a voice coming through the radio, "St-Stiles?" It was the voice of none other than Lydia Martin.

I thought I couldn't be anymore happy until another voice came through, "Stiles, are you there?" It was Scott.

Stiles looked over at me with wide eyes as I practically jumped from my seat to join him at the radio, "Scott, Lydia, Is that you? Syd and I are here and... oh God it's good to hear your voices."

Lydia let out a shaky breath from the other end, "We can hear you!" she said excitedly.

"Oh my God, you know us? Do you remember us?" Stiles asked.

I felt my heart pounding in my chest as we waited for them to respond, "Stiles, is this you, is this actually you?"

"Yeah, it's me." Stiles confirmed, "Do you remember the last thing I said to you?"

"You said," Lydia paused, causing Stiles to give me a worried look, "You said, 'remember I love you'"

I felt my heart almost burst with joy at those words. I mean number 1 my OTP was thriving and number 2 it meant Lydia actually remembered something.

A relieved smile spread across Stiles' face, he was so happy he didn't even protest when I took the speaker from his hands.

"Scott?" I asked, afraid of the response I was going to get back.

"I'm here." My brother said, and the tears I had been holding back with Gwen were now flowing freely.

"It's me, It's Sydney-your sister. It's okay if you don't remember. I just wanted to tell you that I love you and I-" I cut myself off, quickly wiping away my tears, "And I miss you."

It took a few moments before his voice came back through the radio, "I love you too, Syd." I was almost positive he was just saying that because he felt obligated. It was more than likely he still had no idea who I was, but hearing him say that was all I could ask for at this moment.

I let out a shaky breath as I pushed the button in, "Tell Liam, tell him, I love him too."

"I will, I will." Scott promised, "Now, are you guys okay, where are you?"

"We're coming to get you." Lydia announced.

"No," Stiles said, taking the speaker from my hand, "You can't, you won't be able to find us."

"Wh-What are you talking about? Just tell us where you guys are, we're coming-"

Stiles cut Scott off "-Just remember this, Canaan okay? Find Canaan, find Canaan!"

Suddenly, the radio went dead, and all that could be heard was static.

"What happened?" I demanded, tears blurring my vision.

"I don't know." Stiles said softly, he was staring at the speaker in his hands, tears in his eyes as well.

"They'll find us, right Stiles?" I asked, I was sure I already knew the answer but I wanted someone to tell me that I was wrong, that tomorrow my brother and our friends would walk in here and save us, but I knew that wasn't going to happen.

"I don't know Syd, I really don't" Stiles answered. He finally looked up at me and noticed the tears streaming down my cheeks, "Hey." he whispered, standing up to pull me into a hug, "Don't be upset, we'll get this figured out, I promise."

wow hey guys. short little update for you here but better than nothin right?? and nothin is exactly what i have been giving you guys for the last few months and i am sorry for that. i feel like every time i finally update i have an excuse as to why i have been MIA and the honest truth is i have just not been feeling like writing. these past few months have been the hardest of my life and i have just been feeling down. but i was feeling really good today and was really missing syd and liam and the gang so i felt like jumping on here. so i hope you enjoyed this update and if u didnt then im sorry lol

-maddy xoxox

I LOVE U GUYS