99.

By the time I had returned with the first aid kit that I had managed to snag out of Coach's unlocked office, Scott and Mrs. Finch were no longer in the hallway. However, I was easily able to find them due to the trail of smeared blood that led into a nearby classroom. 

I gave one final nervous sweep of the hallways with my eyes, hoping Liam was okay wherever he was. As a shaky sigh fell from my lips, I entered the classroom, my eyes falling on Mrs. Finch who was slumped against one of the far walls, not looking good. My brother sat in front of her, his breaths rapid and nervous. "Mrs. Finch, you have to shift." he begged. "It'll trigger your healing. If you don't, you'll die."

"Here." I mumbled, quickly rushing over and kneeling down beside them.

With shaking hands, I fumbled through the first aid kit, quickly grabbing some bandaged and gauze. 

I gave Scott a small nod as I placed the gauze on Mrs. Finch's wound, trying to apply pressure and stop the bleeding. At least until she managed to shift.

"Mrs. Finch." Scott plead again as he took her face into his hands. "You need to shift. Do it, please."

I watched as her head bobbed around as she lost consciousness. I looked up from where I had been apply pressure to glance at my brother with nervous eyes. "Mrs. Finch," I begged. "Listen to Scott. Please. You have to shift."

"Quinn." She whispered, her eyes beginning to close. "Quinn."

"She's gone!" Scott exclaimed, his voice laced with fear. "Your daughter's gone. Quinn is dead."

That seemed to trigger something within Mrs. Finch, as seconds later a guttural roar flew from her lips, while her head shot up and her eyes flashed to red.

I felt myself stumble back at the sudden shock, my eyes wide as I watched her shift. Scott let out a sigh of relief as he sat back on his heals. 

Mrs. Finch let our quick breaths, adrenaline coursing through her veins as she began to heal. 

Now that I was sure she was going to be okay, my worries shifted back to Liam who was still out there in search of Quinn. Scott noted the worried look on my face and he pushed himself to his feet. "Come on." he announced, sticking his hand out for me to take. 

My eyes drifted to Mrs. Finch, not entirely sure that we should just leave her. 

She gave me a grateful smile, but sadness still hid behind her eyes. "Go." she whispered. "I'm okay."

That was all it took. I reached out, giving her hand a tight squeeze before I allowed Scott to pull me off the ground. 

"Be careful." Mrs. Finch ordered as Scott and I made for the door.

I turned back to look at her, giving her a small nod. "I'm sorry." I whispered. "About Quinn."

With that, I turned and followed my brother into the hallway. An eeriness settled throughout the corridors. But I knew that somewhere deep within these walls, there was evil.

"There you are!"

The voice came in a loud whisper, and caused me to almost jump out of my skin as I reached out for Scott instinctively before even bothering to turn around and see who it was. Once I worked up the courage to look, I released  my grip on my brother. 

Malia stood down the hall, quickly walking toward us with a slightly concerned look on her face. "I've been looking for you two." she panted. 

"Did you see Liam?" I immediately questioned, worry dripping from my every word.