45.

The buzzing of my phone was what caused me to open my eyes. As I rolled over to grab my phone I realized I was being held down by something-more like someone. I turned my head to see Liam, his armed draped over me, his chest rising and falling with every breath he took.

A smile spread onto my lips as I carefully lifted his armed from my waist. Sitting up, I grabbed my phone and answered the call. It was my mom on the other end, calling to tell me that Sheriff was going to be okay. Apparently Stiles had figured out what was poisoning him. 

I felt myself let out a sigh of relief as I thanked my mom for calling, saying a quick goodbye before hanging up the phone. 

As I lowered the phone from my ear, Liam sat up with a smile. "Hey." he whispered, studying my face. 

I gave him an apologetic smile, "Sorry," I mumbled, "I didn't mean to wake you."

Liam shook his head as kept his eyes locked on me, "I was already awake." he promised.

I held up my phone, "That was my mom," I explained, "Sheriff's going to be okay."

A smile spread across his face, "That's great." he breathed.

I nodded before pulling myself from the warmth of his bed. "I should probably get going." I announced, "My brother is expecting me to be at home."

Liam's face fell slightly at the mention of Scott, but he quickly covered it, giving me a small nod instead.

"Thank you," I mumbled as I made my way to the door, "For letting me stay here." I added. 

Silence filled the air before Liam's shaky voice stopped me, "Syd, wait." he called, pulling himself from the bed as well. 

My hand froze on the door knob as I turned to face him. My heart rate increasing, nervous at what he wanted to say. 

Liam looked down for a moment, shaking his head, "Hayden, she-" he cut himself off, looking back up at me, "She's alive."

My face fell as I took a small step back. "What-but- how?" I questioned in shock, "My mom said she was-"

He cut me off, looking just as lost as I did, "I know. I thought she was dead too. But I saw her, last night after I left your house. I caught her scent, and followed it." he explained. 

"How is that possible?" I asked, my heart pounding against my ribcage. 

Liam shook his head, "I'm not sure yet." he admitted, "But I just want you to know that it doesn't change anything between you and I." he promised.

I forced a smile onto my face as I pulled open the door, "Yeah." I whispered, stepping into the hall, "I'll talk to you later." I assured, turning to make my way out of the house. 

As I walked out of Liam's house and toward my car, I couldn't help but feel anxiety rising in my chest. Hayden was alive. I wasn't sure how, but I feared that her being back posed another obstacle between Liam and I being together. No matter how many times he told me he loved me, there was always that thought in the back of my mind that maybe, he didn't 

---

As I unlocked the door to my house I was met with silence. "Hello?" I called kicking off my shoes. "Scott?"

Nothing.

I let out a sigh as I dropped my bag. Letting out a yawn I slowly made my way up the stairs and into my bathroom. I locked the door before turning on the shower, peeling off the clothes I had been wearing for the past two days. 

As  I stepped in, I let the warm water relax my tense muscles. All the stress that had been building up over the past couple of days seemed to fade away.