71.

"Take your time." Peter said, turning his head slightly to look at Stiles,  "No rush. The only thing at stake is any evidence of our existence, soon to be lost...forever."

"Okay, not helping!" Stiles announced as he continued to fiddle with the equipment. He had been working for what felt like hours trying to make any contact with the real world and so far-no luck.

"Can you just let him work?" I questioned as I stood up from my seat across the room and walked towards the two men.

"If I knew it-" Peter cut himself off abruptly, quickly turning his head towards the door.

"Peter, what is it?" I asked nervously

"They're coming!" he announced, rushing towards one of the panels and pulling all the wires Stiles had been fiddling with for the past hour or so out.

"Come on!" He snapped, grabbing a hold of both Stiles and I, quickly pulling us from the room and back into the main part of the station where the 3 of us ducked behind a pillar.

I watched as one of the Ghost Riders approached the door of the room we were just in, my heart beat racing as he kicked it open and entered the room.

"Incase you're keeping count, that's twice I've saved your life today." Peter announced before turning and walking away, leaving Stiles and I staring at each other.

"As much as I hate the guy, he's right." I pointed out, "If he hadn't of been in that room with us, we would still be in there, and most likely dead."

Stiles nodded as he ran his hand through his hair, something he did when he was anxious, "Yeah, I know." With that he turned and pushed himself up against the wall, slowly sliding down it as his head fell into his hands, 

I decided it was better I leave him alone at this point, so I moved towards one of the empty seats, sitting myself down. I ran a shaky hand through my hair before looking down at my feet, resting my elbows on my knees I played with the necklace Liam had given me. I wondered what he was doing right now. Did he remember me? Or had he already moved on with his life, like I was never there?

I didn't have long to think as the familiar sound of the horses filled my ears. The Ghost Riders were back again. I shot up in panic, my eyes searching for Stiles. He found me first, grabbing my arm and pulling the two of us behind one of the seats, Peter following behind us.

My heart was beating like crazy and I was having trouble controlling my breathing, afraid that they would somehow find out that we were trying to escape their trap.

The Ghost Riders came flying in, shooting their guns off into the air as people around me screamed.

Stiles grabbed my hand giving it a tight squeeze, "It's okay Syd, we're safe for now."

I watched as the Ghost Riders dumped more people off of their horses, but one of them caught my eye. They were wearing a lacrosse helmet and a Beacon Hills jersey, it was so dark in there so that for a moment I thought it could be Liam. Once I got a closer look and whoever it was took off their helmet I realized it wasn't Liam, but I knew them.

"I think I know her-" Stiles began.

"-Her name's Gwen. I got taken the night we were trying to protect her." I explained, "That's her sister, Phoebe." I said, pointing to the girl Gwen was hugging. She must have been here the entire time but I guess I had just failed to notice her.

The Ghost Riders continued firing shots into the air as we all continued ducking in horror. People were still screaming and I was still wishing I was anywhere but here.

"How long has this been going on?" Stiles asked, his eyes darting around the station.

Peter looked towards the board that had all  of the "stops" listed on it, his eyes widening slightly in realization, "This isn't a train station, it's a wait station! This isn't going to stop." He announced. He looked back to the board, letting out a groan as he allowed his head to rest against one of the seats we were hiding behind.