94.

I stood by my locker the next day, still trying to play the mopey girlfriend act. Well, that is unless Nolan was around. For him, we had a whole other plan.

I was just about to head to my next class when someone yanked me into a classroom. I let out a gasp as I turned to face Gabe and Aaron, both of them staring at me with smirks.

"What the hell are you doing?"  I snapped, trying to head for the door.

Gabe stepped in front of me, shoving me back toward where Aaron was standing. "We have a little test for you, Sydney."

I felt my heart drop. I was aware of what they had been doing to students, it was hard to miss. They were trying to weed out the supernaturals by cutting kids' hands. Whichever ones healed instantly, were clearly more than human.

"I'm not in the mood." I argued, once again trying to free myself.

"Hold her arm down." Gabe ordered as he clamped a hand over my mouth. I let out a muffled scream as Aaron took a hold of my hand, pulling my arm toward him.

"Now, I know your brother's one and your little boyfriend is too...so let's see about you?" Gabe teased as Aaron held the blade to my arm.

I bit onto Gabe's hand, causing him to pull back just as Aaron slid the blade across my skin. I let out a grunt at the pain, my angry eyes turning to Gabe. "I'm going to kill you." I bit out, fully resisting to urge to hit him.

Gabe snickered as Aaron looked down at my hand which was bleeding rapidly. "She's good." he observed.

"Here." Gabe grinned, handing me a bandage, "This will stop the bleeding."

"Go to hell." I spat, knocking the guaze from his hand before stomping from the classroom.

As I bursted into the hall, I winced as I looked down at the blood that was seeping from my wound. I tried to hold pressure, but blood was now covering my hands. I groaned, knowning that I was now going to be late for class because of those two idiots.

"Sydney?"

I froze at the voice. I slowly turned to see my dad making his way down the hallway, worry in his eyes.

"Hey dad." I greeted sheepishly, trying to hide my wound.

Too late, he already saw it. "What the hell happened?" he questioned, picking up my arm to examine it.

I glanced past him, my eyes falling on Gabe and Aaron who had just exited the classroom they pulled me in to. My dad noted my stares and turned, his own eyes falling on the pair. "Did they do this to you?" he demanded, anger overtaking his voice as he started toward them.

"Dad!" I ordered, reaching out to grab him. "I can handle them." I promised. Quickly, I looked to change the subject. "What are you doing here anyway?" I wondered.

My dad narrowed his eyes at Gabe and Aaron before looking back to me, "I have an interview to conduct." he explained before dropping his voice. "Jiang and Tierney are gone."

My eyes widened as I shook my head. "Gone?" I echoed.

Nodding, my dad moved closer, "It looks like it was staged to make it seem like they escaped, but I know that's not the truth."

I clenched my jaw, anger setting in. "It was Monroe." I assumed.

My dad didn't confirm my assumption verbally, but the look on his face said it all. "I should get going." he announced. "Are you sure you're okay, Syd?"

I nodded, giving him a small smile. "Positive." I answered, "I'll go find Coach, he'll have a first aid kit."

My dad smile as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head, "Hang in there kiddo. I know this must be hard without your brother and Liam."