Pictures Are Worth One Word

Alexis, Terry and their two kids came to visit for the Fourth Of July weekend. They had one daughter and one son, Alyssa and Terrence. They were only nine months behind each other. Rayna made fun of Alexis saying that her and Terry were the real rabbits when they got busy. Terry took all 5 children to the park to give his wife and Rayna some alone time.

"The kids are sprouting fast." Rayna said bringing boxes out of a closet.

"Like weeds, girl! But, your three look good." Alexis said.

"Yeah, they are doing pretty good. They can be a handful sometimes. Hopefully, they won't wear Terry out." Rayna said opening it up to go through the contents.

"I'm the only one who can do that." Alexis said.

Rayna and Alexis bursted into laughter.

"What are you going through boxes for?" Alexis asked.

"I'm trying to find some picture frames. I had all these pictures and frames I want to put all over the house. I can't find them. I put them in a box when I moved here and I haven't been able to find them all these years." Rayna said.

"I'll help." Alexis said.

For hours, they went through about five boxes before finally getting to it.

"It seems like that took forever." Alexis said pouring another glass of wine.

"I know." Rayna replied putting some of the pictures in their frames.

"What's this?"Alexis said pulling a scrapbook out of the box.

"I don't know. It's been years since I've seen this stuff." Rayna said.

Alexis cracked open the book. "Aww! Look at you." Rayna looked over to see her baby pictures. "You were such a doll."

Rayna laughed. "I was only three days old when my parents took me to take photos. Fresh out the hospital."

Alexis kept flipping through the book. "You were so adorable." she squealed at the pictures of Rayna growing up. For her in diapers and the puffy hair to her high school graduation photos. Alexis flipped through the book then found envelopes full of pictures. She emptied them out and spread them along the table.

"We're home!" Terry yelled coming through the front door.

"In here!" Rayna yelled setting a picture frame on the table against the all. The children walked in and hugged their mothers.

"How was the park?" Rayna asked.

"It was fun. Uncle Terry played football with us." Anthony said tossing a football around.

Rayna kissed her children. "Great. What did you do, Ivy?"

"She played with us. That girl can hold her own." Terry said rubbing Alexis's shoulders.

"Oh really." Rayna said pinching her daughter's cheeks.

"I know Alyssa didn't." Alexis said pulling her daughter into her lap.

"Football is too much." Alyssa said waving her hands.

Alyssa for being only 8 had so much attitude. Terrence was 12 and due to be 13 in a month. The triplets had turned 13 in February and were as beautiful as they could be. Of course, the two boys were like wrecking balls. Running around here and there looking for something else to be destructive at. Rayna enrolled them in sport activities early on but, that just built up more energy as they grew up. Ivy was a very smart girl. She made all A's in every subject and there was nothing that was hard for her.