Take It Slow

Things were going well for Anthony and Rayna so far. They were happy and both raising their children. They both agreed to take things slow for the moment. They'd say lighthearted, tender things to the other but, nothing like the occasional 'I love you' that would slip out here and then.

Anthony was in attendance to another one of the football games for his kids. He watched his boys play proudly while watching his daughter run up and down the sidelines trying to tend to the football players and run things by her mother, who also watched the game diligently and took care of the student athletes. Anthony sat with the other football parents, watching the game and discussing how the kids played. He was like any normal parent and Anthony enjoyed it.

It was fourth down, Anthony Jr. called for the snap. With ball in hand, he backed up as o-line blocked the defense. Junior saw his receiver wide open and went for it. The ball made it safely into the wide receiver's hands and he went for the end zone. Past the 30, 20, 10 and he was in. 

"It's a touchdown folks! Your Warriors end the game 64 to 3! See you next win as the Warriors take on the Sweeney Bulldogs!" the announcer said. The crowd cheered as it was schools 5 straight win. Anthony and Sawyer hugged each other, celebrating the victory. Ivy hugged her mother before going to celebrate with the rest of the team. 

Rayna's three kids came in the athletic training room. She was giving information for the clinic she was connected to a mother of a player who had a questionable skin rash.

"Hey, Mom." Ivy said.

"Hey babies. Go ahead and leave with your dad. You guys have your bags right?" Rayna said.

"Yes, ma'am. He picked them up earlier." Sawyer said.

"You sure you'll be fine for the week, Mom?" Junior said.

"Yes. Go ahead. I'll call you in the morning." Rayna said.

The kids kissed their mother and left to go to their dad's house.

"Alright, you guys had a great game. I'll treat you guys to whatever you're hungry for tonight." Anthony said putting his seatbelt on.

"Mom doesn't really like when we eat late." Ivy said.

"Yeah, we had Chick-Fil-A before the game. We could just go home." Sawyer said.

"You could let us drive this weekend instead." Junior said.

"Oh, come on, guys. You aren't hungry?" Anthony said insisting.

"Like Ivy said, Mom would get a little pissed." Sawyer said.

"Who would tell?" Anthony said. "I certainly wouldn't."

The kids gave each other mischievous looks then smiled. Once Anthony got them to his house, he ordered some pizzas. The kids showered and they all came down to eat. Anthony enjoyed his children as they talked about the game and who they were going to play next week.

Rayna had finally wrapped up and looked at her watch. By this time, her babies should be to bed and Anthony would be waiting by the phone to get his instructions for the week.

"Rayna!" someone called out. Rayna turned to see Coach Kenneth again.

"I thought you would've gone home." she said.

"No. Not yet. I was wondering if you'd be interested in taking an extra ticket to a concert with me. My friend dropped out at the last minute and I really need someone to take this ticket." David said.

"Aw, I'm sorry. I just don't have the availability." she said then trying to head for her truck.

"You aren't free? I heard the boys saying they would be with their dad this weekend." he said.