Who Is He?

Rayna and the kids were at the school right at seven o' clock. The boys had to put their athletic bags in their lockers inside the field house.

"Here boys. Take the key." Rayna said handing them her lanyard.

"No. We saw the lights on." Sawyer said.

"I think Ms. Valdez is in there." Anthony Junior said.

"Okay. Come back if you guys can't get in." Rayna said.

The boys got their stuff and went to the field house.

"You know I've been hearing rumors about your friend." Ivy said.

"My friend?" Rayna said confused going through her trunk.

"Coach Kenneth." Ivy said.

"Child, that is not my friend." Rayna said shaking her head.

"You never address him being at our house that one day. What was that about?" Ivy asked mischievously.

"Girl. I told you and your brothers that was and still is grown folk business." Rayna said.

"Have you told Dad about him?" Ivy said.

"What's to tell? Coach Kenneth is not a factor to anything." Rayna said.

"Didn't seem like when you guys were practically humping in the entry way." Ivy said under her breath.

"I heard that sly shit, Ivy. You're my good girl. Don't get snatched up." Rayna said warningly.

The boys had put there bags away and were getting ready to walk out the locker room door.

"Boys!" they heard a voice say. They turned around to see Coach Kenneth.

"Hey, Coach." Sawyer said.

"Where's your mother at?" he said.

"Why?" Junior said. Coach was looking real suspect right now. Each chance David saw the kids, he asked the kids about Rayna. They all gave the same reply. That she was fine. They thought it was weird how he always asked about her and he never went into her office to see her himself.

"Just wondering. Is she here now?" David said.

"Yeah." Sawyer said. "We should get going, Coach. School will take in soon and it takes awhile to get from here to B-wing."

"Wait, what's the rush boys?" Coach said.

"Like Sawyer, we have to get to class." Junior said sternly.

"Alright alright." David said. "Just one question. Is your mom seeing anyone right now?"

Sawyer and Junior shared a look and grimaced. "Yes."

"She's got back with our Dad." Junior said. "They're engaged."

"Really? That was fast." David said shocked.

"Yeah, it was. We have to go now." Sawyer said as he and Junior excited the locker room.

Once they were outside, Sawyer nudged Junior. "Why would you lie?!"

"If he gets his creepy ass away from Mom, I don't see why not!" Junior said. "It's better than anything else."

The boys knocked on the glass for Ivy to come get the door. She came and got it. "What took you so long?"

"Coach started asking about Mom and Junior told them they were engaged." Sawyer said.

"What?" Ivy said.

"It was all I could come up with. We want him to leave her alone, don't we?" Junior said.

"Yes but, did we really have to lie and say that they are engaged. Mom doesn't even wear a ring on the right finger for someone to think that." Ivy said.