Chapter Fifteen - In which we go on a date

"Will you hurry up?" 

I hear George's frustrated voice call from downstairs for what feels like the millionth time. Sighing, I give up on deciding what outfit to wear and pick a hoodie and jeans. I mean it's not like I'm about to go on a date with my boyfriend - oh wait I am. But then again he was really vague about what we would be doing and just said to dress comfortably. Well George, this is perhaps as comfortable as I can be without wearing my pyjamas. I quickly apply mascara and let my long locks hang loose, pinning some of the strands at the front so that they don't cover my face. 

I walk out to the balcony and regard George downstairs. He still hasn't spotted me, but instead is lounging on an armchair staring into the fireplace. He too is wearing jeans and a sweater, making me feel a lot better about my outfit choice. 

"Hey," I mutter as I approach him. His eyes flicker up to mine and he sits up immediately. The look he gives me, makes my insides squirm. 

"Hi," he says simply, all frustration seemingly rolling off him. "Let's go," he grabs my hand and leads me out of the common room. 

It's Friday afternoon so most people either have the afternoon off and are out or they're stuck in the library studying. I would have been one of those people had George not decided to spring our first date on me like this. It might have been because I let it slip to Ginny that we hadn't actually been on a date yet, which she found extremely weird since we've been together for almost a month now. I suppress a smile as I picture the conversation that must have happened between the two.

"Where exactly are we going?" I ask aloud as he leads me outside. He turns and taps his nose but doesn't say a word. I can tell he's bursting to tell me where it is and the fact that he doesn't even trust himself to say a word is rather cute. I frown as he leads me to the deserted Quidditch pitch and continue frowning when he pulls me up to the stands. 

"Geo-" I start but then stop suddenly when I realise where we are. This is the spot I sat in when it was the Quidditch Keeper trials. It's the day Ron forced me to come and I left before the trials ended because of the horrible girls behind me. It's the day George let a bludger hit him because he saw me get up and leave. It's the day he found me near the pumpkins and I broke down in front him for the first time. I smile as I realise it's the day I started to fall for this idiot and I guess it must mean a lot to him too since he's used it as the setting for our first date.

"I'm sorry- I know it's not fancy or anything but I didn't want it to be typical and all. I mean I know you're busy with O.W-" he rambles as we stop by a small blanket with a picnic basket on it. It's so sweet and I don't have words to tell him how much this means to me. So instead I interrupt his rambling and kiss him lightly on his cheek.

"It's perfect," I whisper as the tips of his ears redden. 

"So shall we sit?" George asks gesturing to the benches and I laugh as he pulls out an imaginary chair for me. 

"What gave you this idea?" I ask as he opens up the basket. Inside there's a ton of food including our personal favourites: pastries. 

"Well I just thought we should have some time to ourselves without Ginny or Fred or Lee," he mutters and I can't help but agree that this is a nice change. There's a gentle breeze, but aside from that it's really quiet. I turn to George but he's staring at the goal posts with an odd look on his face. My heart sinks when I realise how hard this must be for him. 

"You know we could have gone somewhere else, I wouldn't have mind," I say softly causing him to snap out of his thoughts. He gives me a small smile and doesn't meet my eyes.

"No, I wanted it to be here. I was just thinking about how time flies so quickly," George says splitting a sandwich and giving me a half. 

"What do you mean? We've still got ages till the end of the year," I say with a frown.