• 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY •

• • • 2 0 T H   J U L Y   2 0 1 5 • • •

• 2 0 T H   J U L Y   2 0 1 5 •

It's been five years since I started this story and ahhh I just had to drop in to write a quick message. To those of you who are joining me after completing this story for the first time, hello! To those who reread this story again and again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you, your kindness is unmatched and #rr comments never fail to make me smile.

Everyday this story finds new readers and I love to watch you all read through it.

To celebrate, I thought I would do a little Q&A with some of the questions I usually get in my inbox or comments.

What inspired you to write SIFFAW?

Honestly, I was inspired by the Black Magician Triology by Trudi Canavan (one of my ultimate fav series). In it, the main character develops her magic powers through untraditional means and it was triggered by a certain event. I liked that idea a lot. I've always wondered why magic is so controllable in the HP world. Surely there should be some cases where it has the possibility to consume someone? Something pretty traumatic would have to happen since after 10 years of abuse, Harry Potter didn't develop this uncontrollable magic. So I played with that idea.

I love LOVE a strong female character. No, scratch that, I love writing female characters who are shy, anxious, doubt themselves, and then become stronger. Most of my high school experience was spent in a Lily state of mind (automatically assuming the worst, only a couple of people I felt comfortable with, anxious all the damn time) and towards the end, it wasn't so bad.

I started writing this just before my first year at university (college for people across the pond), and I was terrified. It was like all the confidence I built over the years had vanished. I hoped by writing Lily's journey, I would find my own.

And George? He's always been my number one.

Why did you make Lily so annoying?

Lol oops.

She's not everyone's cup of tea and that's okay with me. Sometimes she's too much for even me. I wrote Lily as a reflection of the worst parts of myself. The super anxious self sabotage that lives in mind birthed this character. But then I also wrote her a partner that saw through all that crap and loved her in spite of it.

I had to prove to myself that there is someone out there, who could love even the horrible parts of me, even if it was in fiction, or fanfiction I should say. The result? I'm engaged to my best friend who I met sometime in the middle of all this.

When are you going to complete the re-write?

SOON I PROMISE.